logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Can Someone give me 64bit mod_perl download link?
Author
jellyfishb8

PostPosted: Mon 02 Aug '10 2:42    Post subject: Can Someone give me 64bit mod_perl download link? Reply with quote

Please For help #adore#
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 27 Aug '10 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current stable version does not compile in 64bit. Only trunk build. See also http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=2921
glsmith

PostPosted: Fri 27 Aug '10 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's only true with Perl 5.12, mod_perl 2.0.4 compiles against x64 Perl 5.8.9 & 5.10.1.

Whether any of it works ... different story.

I've never had much luck with mod_perl, and this seems to not have changed much. Simple scripts that really do not need mod_perl run just fine with it, the more complex stuff doesn't.

I have noticed some things it does not like that I use often which is why most of my complex scripts do not work most likely. Will I rewrite any of them to make work ... doubtful.

Anyway, I have mod_perl and all it's included libraries built on both x86 & x64 for each of the current Activeperl versions. I sort of dropped the ball on it a couple weeks ago cause I was tired of mucking around with it and other things became a priority.

mod_perl is VERY perl version dependent. You must run the mod_perl built for the perl version you are using or the module will not load. You can cheat it by dropping the proper perl5x?.dll file in Apache's /bin folder and it will load, but this can cause problems during use if you start using both mod_perl's libraries and the ones that come with perl. This is why I ended up building it for each version of perl on both platforms (that was fun).

What I need are a couple guinea pigs to test the mess further, on scripts written for mod_perl, as I'm worn out on it.

Reply to topic   Topic: Can Someone give me 64bit mod_perl download link? View previous topic :: View next topic