logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Snaps PHP --> VS9 vs VS6
Author
Thog

PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct '08 9:05    Post subject: Snaps PHP --> VS9 vs VS6 Reply with quote

I'd like to try the snap shot of the new php... I see on the http://windows.php.net/snapshots/ website the quoted text below. With the apachelounge version of apache can we use the VS9 version of PHP?

Smile

Quote:

If you are using PHP with Apache 1 or Apache2 from apache.org you need to use the VC6 versions of PHP

If you are using PHP with IIS you should use the VC9 versions of PHP

VC6 Versions are compiled with the legacy Visual Studio 6 compiler

VC9 Versions are compiled with the Visual Studio 2008 compiler and have improvements in performance and stability. The VC9 versions require you to have the Microsoft 2008 C++ Runtime installed

Do NOT use VC9 version with apache.org binaries

James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct '08 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tested it, and it works fine with apachelounge version.
I've taken the thread safe version of the VS6 and the VS9 version. both are running. (I needed to copy zlib1.dll to zlib.dll in apache\bin)
If you need some pecl extensions you'll find 'em here http://pecl4win.php.net/
Pierre

PostPosted: Tue 23 Dec '08 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

The notices are correct. Mixing runtime is not going to work well even if it seems to work in the first place.

In other words, do not use VC6 versions with apachelounge's apache builds.
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 23 Dec '08 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seen not any report that PHP VC6 from php.net has issues with the Apachelounge Builds. In fact it is a very good combination, special with mod_fcgid.

Steffen
Pierre

PostPosted: Tue 23 Dec '08 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me be more precised, do not use VC6 builds' mod_php with apache lounge builds, or VC9's ones with apache.org builds.

FCGI will indeed work (there is no interaction between the two CRT in this case). About fcgi, if you are already playing with 5.3, then use our VC9 builds (NTS) Smile
Pierre

PostPosted: Tue 23 Dec '08 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre wrote:
Let me be more precised, do not use VC6 builds' mod_php with apache lounge builds, or VC9's ones with apache.org builds.

FCGI will indeed work (there is no interaction between the two CRT in this case). About fcgi, if you are already playing with 5.3, then use our VC9 builds (NTS) Smile

I also added a little note about FCGI in http://windows.php.net, I hope it will avoid confusions and help our users to choose the right version Smile

Reply to topic   Topic: Snaps PHP --> VS9 vs VS6 View previous topic :: View next topic