logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: The connection was refused when attempting to contact localh
Author
NellyMcCool

PostPosted: Thu 12 Mar '09 10:35    Post subject: The connection was refused when attempting to contact localh Reply with quote

I have been using Apache 2.2 with php and mysql for about a year with no problems. However, suddenly without changing any settings, when I enter "localhost" and alias paths to whatever site Im working on, into my browser, I get the message "Failed to Connect. The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost.Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection." This happens on all browsers. I have checked the httpd.conf file in apache, and it is listening to port 80. When I enter 127.0.0.1 and the alias, instead of the word "localhost" it works. I have tried changing to port 8080, but the same problem happens. Can anybody explain this? Thanks so much for your generous help in advance!
glsmith

PostPosted: Thu 12 Mar '09 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like something may have changed your host file.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (no file extension)

make sure you see a line

127.0.0.1 localhost

inside the file.
NellyMcCool

PostPosted: Thu 12 Mar '09 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo Hoo it worked!! Thank you so much glsmith. Its incredible how time consuming a little problem like that is when you dont know where to look. When I get more experience, I will definitely use any skill I have to help others!

Reply to topic   Topic: The connection was refused when attempting to contact localh View previous topic :: View next topic