logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: new virtual host site not coming up
Author
bbxrider

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun '09 22:32    Post subject: new virtual host site not coming up Reply with quote

apache 2.2.4 on winxp
i added my 6th virtual host site, 4th joomla, it comes up on localhost/siteRootDirectory/index.php but not on internet. all the other sites working fine. the domain name pings to my router public ip, everything seems good to go but no show.
in ff get the network timeout error. there is no entries in either error log, access log, or the site error log
the domain name is 199-concord-road.com,
this is the virtual host setup, same as the other 3 joomla sites
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin bbxrider@job1data.com
DocumentRoot C:/apache2/htdocs/joomlaSite4
DirectoryIndex index.php
ServerName www.199-concord-road.com
ServerAlias 199-concord-road.com *.199-concord-road.com
ErrorLog C:/apache2/logs/199-concord-road-error_log
<Directory "C:/apache2/htdocs/joomlaSite4">
Options -Indexes
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>
any ideas what might be wrong here?
bob
glsmith

PostPosted: Sat 13 Jun '09 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

curently .. going to the IP address that the domain resolves to is not even working ... so I must assume at this time the IP is incorrect or your server is off.

Config looks fine ... provided something is configured for C:/apache2/htdocs
bbxrider

PostPosted: Sat 13 Jun '09 0:37    Post subject: worse than originally thought Reply with quote

well its worse than i thought, now i realize none of the sites are working via internet, they only come up localhost/...... all about the same time i added the additional virtual host. i don't think i broke anything in http.conf because the sites do come up with localhost. and nothing else has changed that i know of. what i find strange is that there are no messages at all in any of the logs. i have a custom html site, a plone site that is served with proxypass, and 3, now 4 joomla sites. and they are all mia with internet and ok with local host.
bbxrider

PostPosted: Sat 13 Jun '09 1:13    Post subject: ok found it Reply with quote

well just about at the same time as adding the new virtual host, my house took a 5 second power hit, which evidently blew out my motherboard based ethernet adapter, maybe not, but thats for later, for now i put in a new pci card, and when the pc booted with a different mac address, i got a new local lan address from dhcp, the router had all the ports forwarded to the old lan address, from the previous adapter, so nothing was getting through, phew.
for stuff like this it gets more and more basic what to check, and i only hope my mental check list can handle all of it

Reply to topic   Topic: new virtual host site not coming up View previous topic :: View next topic