logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> How-to's & Documentation & Tips View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: [Tip] Apache2 crashes when executing a php script
Author
MiracleBlue

PostPosted: Tue 15 Jul '08 15:12    Post subject: [Tip] Apache2 crashes when executing a php script Reply with quote

Backstory: Okay, today (as of writing) I was setting up a fresh install of Apache 2.2.9 and PHP 5.2.6 on my Windows Server 2003 box (installing *all* php extensions - I know, not good, but this was gonna be my mess-around server). Right after I'd finished setting up everything I went to test it with a quick phpinfo() script, and the moment my browser made the request Apache crashed and all I got was "Document has no data" in the browser.

So, puzzled, I checked the error.log file and found this line...

[notice] Parent: child process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting.

So I decided to try just a super basic echo "Hello" script...but same thing happened.

That just left me more puzzled than before. So I googled around for about half an hour, found maybe one or two forum threads that described basically the same problem I was having but none having found a solution. So I did a bit of fiddling with the php.ini and it seems I found a solution =]

Meaty bits (Solution):
First, a few of my system specs, and note that this is the *only* time I've had this problem, and therefore have only tested my solution on this system: Win Server 2003 (Enterprise) SP2, Intel P4 3.20ghz with HT, 2gig RAM, Apache 2.2.9 and PHP 5.2.6

So, if you've installed Apache 2 and PHP 5 and are seeing Apache crash every time a php script is requested, and you're seeing that error message that I put earlier in this post (read above) in the apache error logs, then have a look through your php.ini file for where all the php extensions are declared, and see if the PHP_THREADS extension is included. Look for this line:

extension=php_threads.dll

If you find that line, just comment it out (put a ; in front of it), save the file and then restart apache, and try loading a php script again. If it works and Apache's still running, problem solved! If not, sorry I couldn't help, but good luck =]
MiracleBlue

PostPosted: Tue 15 Jul '08 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I've just realised that this may be posted in the wrong area =\

Should I move it? If so, where should it go? Smile
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue 15 Jul '08 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum is fine.

Thanks!

Steffen
MiracleBlue

PostPosted: Tue 15 Jul '08 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Cool
saurabh

PostPosted: Fri 19 Dec '08 22:40    Post subject: Thanks your solution worked for me Reply with quote

thank you very much man. You turned out to be really a miracle. Your post just saved my life.
I was not registered on this website, but just to say you thank you i registered.
Thanks!

Reply to topic   Topic: [Tip] Apache2 crashes when executing a php script View previous topic :: View next topic