logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Webmaster Tools & Utilities View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Free cron jobs service
Author
thuankkk

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jan '10 12:01    Post subject: Free cron jobs service Reply with quote

Hello all,

I think most of you here already know what a cron job is Smile
Here is a free cron jobs service: SetCronJob.com

With SetCronJob, you can create an unlimited number of cron jobs every 5 minutes for free Smile

Register an account here.

Thanks.
Millennium

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jan '10 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks,

Windows Servers can use Pycron.
http://www.kalab.com/freeware/pycron/pycron.htm

btw Looks like SPAM to me.
glsmith

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jan '10 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definately Spam, and I am debating it's value to this community as a whole. As a uptime monitoring service it may be of use, but I cannot seem to find out how long a cron can last for the free members. So I may delete this thread sometime in the near future. Let's others chime in first tho.
thuankkk

PostPosted: Fri 19 Feb '10 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Millennium: With SetCronJob, users will have a more choice for running cron jobs online without installing anything Smile

@glsmith:
My service has been running for more than one year (check Who.is) and registered for 6 years, and has around 4,500 users with a lot of free users. Most of them are enjoying my service now Smile

Free account will never expire, but their cron will expire after 10 - 30 days (see Prices), and they can renew cron simply by editing and saving cron.
Why: I'll get more returning users which helps my ranking Smile

If in near future, you found SetCronJob no longer offers free cron jobs service, you have all rights to do with this thread Smile

Btw, please tell me exactly what make you think SetCronJob looks like spam. I'll tune them Smile

Thanks a lot Smile
Millennium

PostPosted: Fri 19 Feb '10 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

thuankkk wrote:

Btw, please tell me exactly what make you think SetCronJob looks like spam. I'll tune them Smile

Thanks a lot Smile

Well.... This topic looks like a advertisement for a (free) service. Which classifies it as SPAM IMHO.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri 19 Feb '10 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the forumrules:

Quote:
3. Do not promote a site, unless:

It's to show off something cool you've done with Apache or for the Apache Community;

It's a personal site;

It's to help somebody find something they're looking for.

It's on de edge, so we leave the post.

Steffen
thuankkk

PostPosted: Sat 20 Feb '10 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Millennium: thanks, at least I know that you think i spammed, not my site looks spammy Very Happy

Btw, I don't think advertise a (free) service is spam ^^ If I introduce Google Docs for example, you won't see it spam, will you? Smile

@Steffen: Thanks, just because i think it's useful for ApacheLounge community Smile

Reply to topic   Topic: Free cron jobs service View previous topic :: View next topic