logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: server extremely slow since router change
Author
phate2k3

PostPosted: Fri 04 Dec '09 18:42    Post subject: server extremely slow since router change Reply with quote

hi all
first post and complete newbie to all of this so be patient Smile
i set up a real basic site hosted from my computer so that i could access a few bits an bobs from remote computers it has all been working for for a few weeks now just upgraded my bb with virgin from 20 to 50 mb i had the old black modem and a belkin router a new dlink router and a new modem came with the upgrade so swpped them over and the site i have is loading extremely slowly as in it takes around 15 mins to load :s i swapped the router back to the old router keeping the new modem connected and everthing is working perfectly again any idears ?? things for me to try ?? i have got the port forwarding etc set up as it is on the old router and i disabled the filewall on my computer and still no joy not sure any other details you would need the apache server is set up through xampp and would have been set up with all the default settings if you need any more info let me know
thanks in advance pete
itproxy

PostPosted: Sat 05 Dec '09 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi phate2k3,
Sounds to me like the new router is faulty! Anyway, what's the problem, if the setup works OK with the old one?!
Only other possibilty I can think of, is that the new router has an industrial-strength in-built firewall, which is turned up to 'max', and therefore slowing things down, but that's not likely if, as you say, you're site is 'basic'.
phate2k3

PostPosted: Sat 05 Dec '09 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea have come to the same conclusion 2 i have reverted back to my original router now and all is working only reason i swapped them over is that my current router is b/g and the new router is n rated but no big deal. did a little more reasearch and found a couple of post with users having the same problem with the dlink-dir615 but have found no solutions it seems to affect VNC conections and ftp if acesing externaly aswell but localy all works fine. the router does have a if i remember right SIP (or something simler to that) firewall on it but is disabled by default so can only think it must be a faulty router so going to stick to what works and give up on the new 1

pete
itproxy

PostPosted: Sat 05 Dec '09 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fellow-sufferer! Recently decided to pension off a perfectly good 3com g+100mbps wireless adsl router/switch (which worked flawlessly, day in, day out) for a belkin n+1000mbps ditto, now being driven nuts by (at least) once-a-week need to reboot the router in order to get it to talk to some bit of wireless kit or other, or even to browser-access its admin interface over the LAN! They call it progress ...

Reply to topic   Topic: server extremely slow since router change View previous topic :: View next topic