logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> How-to's & Documentation & Tips View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Portable WAMP Development Environment (PHP based)
Author
McGyver

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jan '10 11:07    Post subject: Portable WAMP Development Environment (PHP based) Reply with quote

Hello everybody...

Even though there are various WAMP distributions available around, I always wanted to find out how to create my own Portable WAMP Development Environment from scratch.

I you are also interested in such a process, you may download the manual I've compiled here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/335159002/P_WAMP_DE_Manual.pdf

Hope it turns out to be useful for somebody...

Best regards,

Thomas Ragos
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jan '10 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good tutorial. I wonder why you use taskkill.exe /im httpd.exe instead of Ctrl + c?
McGyver

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jan '10 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
That is a good tutorial.

Thank you for your feedback.

James Blond wrote:

I wonder why you use taskkill.exe /im httpd.exe instead of Ctrl + c?

Because the controlling application launches every server's command prompt window hidden, so I can't press Ctrl+C.
its me

PostPosted: Tue 14 Sep '10 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
i don't think you can, as it's a service on the windows so you need to install it normally, you can't run it just like portable!
McGyver

PostPosted: Tue 14 Sep '10 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

its me wrote:
Hello
i don't think you can, as it's a service on the windows so you need to install it normally, you can't run it just like portable!

It can be run as a standalone executable and not as a service, so you can run it in portable "mode".
its me

PostPosted: Sun 19 Sep '10 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGyver wrote:
its me wrote:
Hello

It can be run as a standalone executable and not as a service, so you can run it in portable "mode".

wow! thats very nice, can you provide this version please? i didn't know that.

by the way, i have another significant issue needs a solution.
I have netserver which includes php 4,5 and mysql 3.2 as a package, now i need to upgrade the version to ver.5 (mysql) - i am really stucked here and i don't know how to upgrade it Sad any help?
it comes as package and works perfect with mail server and ftp server, php 4.3 is inlucded/ or 5 can be installed easily, but mysql 5 can't upgreaded from the same package, and i am in need to upgrade it urgently, any idea??

thanks a lot in advanced
Avee1973

PostPosted: Sat 26 May '12 6:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow can some privide me copy of this pdf.

cheers

Reply to topic   Topic: Portable WAMP Development Environment (PHP based) View previous topic :: View next topic