logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: client denied by server configuration
Author
chrismac

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jun '10 16:45    Post subject: client denied by server configuration Reply with quote

I am trying to publish a mediawiki on my localhost using apache 2.2 so that others on my network can view the mediawiki site by typing my IP/mediawiki. Everything is up and running so when I try to view it on my local CPU it works fine. I type my IP/mediwiki and it pops up perfectly BUT when I try to view it on another cpu on my network a forbidden screen pops up and I get this message in my error log:

[error] [client 192.###.###.###] client denied by server configuration: C:/www/webapps/mediawiki

Here are the steps I have taken to correct this problem but to no avail:

-I edited all <Directories> in the httpd.conf from "Deny from All" to "Allow from All"

-I edited all .htaccess files to "Allow from All"

-I reset Apache, turned it off the restarted it after each edit

After these edits..no change. I am still not able to view the site from another cpu on the network, When I try I get a "forbidden" screen on the cpu that I am trying to access it from.

What else can i do Question
Do I need to completely move the mediawiki folder into the Apache folder or what Question

Is there some other code that needs to be changed Question

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this problem, its really racking my brain Confused
glsmith

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jun '10 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Order is Deny,Allow, try changing the order to Allow,Deny

<Directory "C:/www/webapps/mediawiki">
Options whatever
AllowOverride Limit anything-else
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from All
</Directory>

I put Limit in the override since you are obviously using it in .htaccess

However, are you using VirtualHosts?
If so a problem may be that you set the hostname for localhost, but are calling with an IP and the server is falling back to the default. In that case use http://localhost instead of ip address

Reply to topic   Topic: client denied by server configuration View previous topic :: View next topic