logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: VC9 Apache/fcgi + nts PHP 5.3.3 -- missing php5apache2_2.dll
Author
kismert

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jul '10 2:28    Post subject: VC9 Apache/fcgi + nts PHP 5.3.3 -- missing php5apache2_2.dll Reply with quote

I'm following the instructions here to install VC9 Apache.

I also wanted Fast CGI, so I installed the Lounge's fcgid file.

I then downloaded the VC9 x86 Non Thread Safe PHP zip from the PHP Windows site.

All is well until I see this line in httpd.conf:
Code:
LoadModule php5_module "c:/php5/php5apache2_2.dll"

No php5apache2_2.dll file exists in the non-thread-safe zip of PHP!

So what's going on?
    * Did the PHP people forget to include the file?
    * Does VC9 Apache fcgid only use the thread-safe PHP version?
    * Or does FastCGI/nts PHP only work in VC6?

Thanks for your help.

-Ken
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jul '10 5:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they did not forget. Apache on Windows is threaded, if they gave you a nts phpapache2_2.dll and you loaded it, your chance of it crashing Apache would greatly increase, regardless of which VC it was built on.

Since you are using fcgid (a must for php nts), you just load the fcgid module and configure it so no need for phpapache2_2.dll. Those instructions are for the thread safe version of php using phpapache2_2.dll.

If you want to run phpapache2_2.dll instead of fcgid, you'll need the thread safe php.
kismert

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jul '10 19:03    Post subject: Solved! Reply with quote

Idea Ohh....

So its EITHER FastCGI/mod_fcgid/nts php-cgi.exe, OR ISAPI/mod_isapi/thread-safe phpapache2_2.dll.

Success!

I followed the instructions in the Apache mod_fcgid and PHP on Windows article, (and the mod_fcgid Readme.txt file) and got it set up.

I did get an R6034 runtime error trying to execute phpinfo(), but I found this post, and changed slashes to backslashes in the FastCGI setup section, and all is good for now.

Thanks!

-Ken
Jermin

PostPosted: Tue 14 Sep '10 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've followed the tutorial in the above post and got my apache running. But when I visting the test file in the browser, the server returns 403 error. The access is denied.

I can't find any discription in the error log.

Reply to topic   Topic: VC9 Apache/fcgi + nts PHP 5.3.3 -- missing php5apache2_2.dll View previous topic :: View next topic