logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: SMTP problem
Author
peacemaker

PostPosted: Tue 17 Aug '10 10:38    Post subject: SMTP problem Reply with quote

Hi, I developed a site. In which when customer either signs up or fills contact us form , wat i want is that all the information should come mail (either yahoo,hotmail, gmail) but its giving SMTP error , where i found is that i need to give the host name or wat else i wil have to provide, i am using phpmailer class. I am giving here link how that phpmailer is to be used. If administrator dont like this giving link here then i apologise for this thing in advance. Please go thru the matter on the link and i am having problem at the host wat should i write there... i have tried like Host="smtp.gmail.com", Host="ssl/smtp.gmail.com",Host="gave here ip address as well", but its giving error like SMTP error, SMTP error , Cannot connect to the host" so please guide me...i have tried with name server as well plz guide me i need urgent help the links are as ....
http://www.web-development-blog.com/archives/send-e-mail-messages-via-smtp-with-phpmailer-and-gmail/
http://www.learnphp-tutorial.com/Email.cfm
Please guide me. Thanking you in advance.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 26 Aug '10 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use the script from the first link you posted and set
Code:

$mail->SMTPDebug = 1;
which error message do you get?

Reply to topic   Topic: SMTP problem View previous topic :: View next topic