logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: mod_fcgid 2.2 graceful restart bug back in mod_fcgid 2.3.x Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author
Kanashii

PostPosted: Wed 24 Nov '10 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

So

Mod FCGID 2.3.6 for Apache 2.2.x -- i use this

Mod FCGID 2.3.6b for Apache 2.2.x -- hmm add [ autdate ]

Smile
glsmith

PostPosted: Wed 24 Nov '10 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest using the "b" version. Although there were quite some changes done to 2.3.6, our specific case was not dealt with. I was able to reproduce the problem in 2.3.6, it just wasn't as easy.

If you were just offline because of mod_fcgid, yes, I suggest the "b" version.

We keep an unpatched version as well since this just does not affect everyone, and if someone is not seeing the problem, they prefer one not tampered with.

We have a bug report in and I believe Mario has discussed this with the guy who basically drives the development. As to whether it ever makes it into a ASF release, your guess is as good as mine.

I do not understand what you mean by
hmm add [ autdate ]
Kanashii

PostPosted: Thu 25 Nov '10 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

means outdate - version witch buq

Ok i upgrade to this fixed b Smile
bbwc

PostPosted: Wed 04 Jul '12 12:23    Post subject: the bug is back in 2.3.7 Reply with quote

when I use mod_fcgid 2.3.7 with Apache 2.4 win32, the bug is back, I wonder if someone could provide a patch version like 2.3.7b, or download link for older version like 2.3.6b/2.3.5b, thanks in advance.
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 04 Jul '12 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

The patch is in that version included. I made sure of that http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1234169 Wink
I never had this issue again, even with 2.3.7 which is more patched than 2.3.6b
It would be very cool, if you could set the log level from your apache to debug, past it at pastebin.com and provide the url, so I can take a look at it.
bbwc

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul '12 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, could you have a look at it:
http://pastebin.com/d8S2eA1U
glsmith

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul '12 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not bug 50309 you are seeing, I can see Apache is recovering and not "going down permanently," which was the problem pre-50309. I can provide you a 2.3.6d which was the last of the patched 2.3.6 modules if you want to give it a try anyway.
https://www.apachehaus.net/modules/~mod_fcgid-2.3.6d/

Of course, James states on the previous page of this topic
James Blond wrote:
For me it works fine on Win7 and w2k8R2.

For each fcgid process I get a line like FastCGI process 424 still did not exit, terminating forcefully when using -k restart
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 06 Jul '12 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yepp that is exactly what the patch does! It kills all the process started from fcgid which didn't stopped graceful. Without the patch the stopping failed and that caused apache to crash.
Maybe the kill should be changed from error to warn or notice.
glsmith

PostPosted: Fri 06 Jul '12 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

both those still pollute the error log and there's no way to stop APLOG_NOTICE, APLOG_DEBUG sounds good to me tho I agree that NOTICE or WARN sound much less dire.

The bigger poop is it's forcing a restart of Apache, it's obvious in the pastebin post, looking at the time stamps. Not that restarting every so often is a bad thing, on 2.4 it keeps the acceptex errors from PILING UP AND making the thing quit responding.
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 07 Jul '12 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

glsmith wrote:
both those still pollute the error log and there's no way to stop APLOG_NOTICE,

Of cause you can stop that with the Apache 2.4 log level config and just ban the fcgid errors

But I agree that debug it wiser than the other ones
bbwc

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jul '12 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

glsmith wrote:
both those still pollute the error log and there's no way to stop APLOG_NOTICE, APLOG_DEBUG sounds good to me tho I agree that NOTICE or WARN sound much less dire.

The bigger poop is it's forcing a restart of Apache, it's obvious in the pastebin post, looking at the time stamps. Not that restarting every so often is a bad thing, on 2.4 it keeps the acceptex errors from PILING UP AND making the thing quit responding.

it seems like I misunderstood the meaning of [fcgid:error], the patch works and server do restart after all. I also tested the 2.3.6d version, it generate the same 'misleading' output.

btw, the fcgid do not force apache process to restart, actually I did manually to see if php-cgi quit with apache, sometimes it will stay after apache stop, is that normal?
glsmith

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jul '12 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is bug 50309 and causes Apache not to start back up. All version of 2.3 <= 2.3.6 have the bug except patched versions (like 2.3.6d)

Reply to topic   Topic: mod_fcgid 2.2 graceful restart bug back in mod_fcgid 2.3.x View previous topic :: View next topic