logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: important in upgrading mysql to ver 5 (net server app)
Author
its me

PostPosted: Sun 19 Sep '10 21:07    Post subject: important in upgrading mysql to ver 5 (net server app) Reply with quote

Dear friends,

I have 2 days reading in your amazing forums, actually i have some wired problem and i hope you can help me to go through.

i have installed application named: netserver long time back on windows PC and has production scripts for few small application developed for small charity organization, which i can't afford stopping it very long for tests...
this is the application i am talking about
http://sourceforge.net/projects/netserver/

this application comes with apache php 4 or 5 (thats good) but the mysql version is quite old (3.2) - along with other servers such as hmailserver, filezilla, temp and others ... I badly need to upgrade mysql version to version 5 in order to run more scripts.. now because it is all coming in one package, it's by default installed on c:/web and inside it you can find many folders, one of them is "bin"
bin >> stable >> mysql
bin >> stable >> php4
bin >> stable >> php5

I have downloaded the mysql 5 from the official website, but this comes with installation package and installing it to another location, then it has many other options which i don't know or familiar with... I have tried to install the net server again on test pc and installed after that the new version of mysql 5 but it didn't start until stopped the previous version from netserver itself! then i had to remove it again (v5) and re-installed the older version with -almost-lost hope to upgrade it..

please help in upgrading mysql version. thanks in advanced for all your efforts..

best regards
Kanashii

PostPosted: Mon 20 Sep '10 1:13    Post subject: Re: important in upgrading mysql to ver 5 (net server app) Reply with quote

1. make backup of all data

2. Copy old my.ini from mysql to some dir eq desktop, download mysql 5 zip not installer

3. copy new mysql to directory in old mysql without Data folder

4. Run mysql_upgrade.exe

5. If not runing , show us error log

Go to data directory

file file witch extension eq PC_name.err

6. Still not running copy my.ini form desktop to mysql dir

7. Hope its work
its me

PostPosted: Mon 20 Sep '10 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, thanks a lot brother for your help. i did all what you said, but reached to step 4 where i didn't find mysql_upgrade.exe !! any idea?
Kanashii

PostPosted: Mon 20 Sep '10 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

mysql_upgrade.exe

Its in mysql 5 dir
its me

PostPosted: Mon 20 Sep '10 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, believe me in both downloaded zipped versions there is no mysql_upgrade.exe !! i searched everywhere inside the folder, please see both versions in below images:

i was reading in mysql manual online earlier today,as i understood that is no need to do anything, just to remove the service for windows and start the new one!! is that possible? doesn't make sense..

please help
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 20 Sep '10 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's in the bin folder Wink
its me

PostPosted: Tue 21 Sep '10 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dear, finally found it Very Happy

I will try to make the same after backing up all data as you mentioned, then i will let you know in few days...

thanks again

Reply to topic   Topic: important in upgrading mysql to ver 5 (net server app) View previous topic :: View next topic