logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Window Server 2003 and PHP Speed Issue
Author
darjana

PostPosted: Fri 13 Aug '10 15:42    Post subject: Window Server 2003 and PHP Speed Issue Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a question, i have been searching for some quite time now.

I have a window 2003, 100mbit up/down dedicated server.

I have tried apache 1.3, apache 2.2, IIS, abyss web server with PHP 5.2, 5.3

When i use direct link from this webservers, i can get 1MB/s (limited by my ISP) per sec over internet. What i meant by direct link is, the link cames from directory listing without any influence from PHP.

However, i tried few php download script such as ZINA, phpIndexer, php download functions. The download speed coming from PHP(installed on same server) is roughly 30-40KB/s where as on direct link from webserver is 1MB/s.

Is there any configuration in PHP/Window 2003 Registry that need to be change so that the download speed via PHP is increased?

I have tried few suggestion from various website incl. EnableSendFile off, sendbuffersize any others without any luck so far

Thank you.
cyclone

PostPosted: Sun 15 Aug '10 6:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does not sound like a Win2k3 issue at all.

Are you CPU or I/O limited on the server when running the PHP tests?
darjana

PostPosted: Sun 15 Aug '10 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think, as i run the same test, apache direct links(from directory listing) can get over 1mb/s while on php its about 20-30kb/s

is it something to do with output buffering?
cyclone

PostPosted: Mon 16 Aug '10 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHP is executed code so by nature it will be slower than returning output from a static file. If you are CPU bound try eAccelerator to get PHP to byte code instead of a full parse every time.

Used it for many years on Windows and never had any buffering issues. Does you code output blocks of text or does it output one character at a time. One character at a time might slow you down some.

Reply to topic   Topic: Window Server 2003 and PHP Speed Issue View previous topic :: View next topic