logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Computer saying limited or no connectivity
Author
owenkkkk

PostPosted: Wed 22 Sep '10 21:03    Post subject: Computer saying limited or no connectivity Reply with quote

Hi Guys.

http://forums.windowsforum.org/index.php?showtopic=csegia

I have a HP Compact S5200UK Tower which I have just rebuilt as it is needing to be introduced to a peer to peer network of 6 computers at work.
I have loaded Windows XP onto this unit and now would like to update the computer via windows update in preparation for this.
After going to the HP website I found the original drivers and installed what I believed to be the correct network driver "NVidia nForce MCP Neworking Controller". I now find that I cant get onto the internet and that I get the message "this computer has limited or no connectivity which could effect your connection to other computers on the Network or with the ability to get on the net".
The computer does not seem to be able to generate a proper IP address and seems to be given a 162 number which is a random temp number when your computer cannot connect to the DHCP Host. I have tried to ping other computers and I cant. I have pinged my Network card and got a reply which indicates that it is ok, and I have also checked in device manager and there does not seem to be any issues.
I have also been on the phone to ISP for numerous hours all to no avail as their is not a problem with their connection as I have a lap-top connecting via wireless which also works fine when I plug in the Ethernet. Am now running out of ideas?????

DBow
James Blond

PostPosted: Sun 03 Oct '10 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need drivers for your network card which work.

Have you tried rolling back to the previous network driver (which from your report seems to have worked OK)?
iseb

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep '11 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you should check the network you are connecting to so that you could check if the problem lies with the internet connection and not on your machine.

I also agree that you should update your driver so that if that would be the problem, it would be solved.

There should also be an issue that your computer is blocked from the network and not being able to ping other computers would not determine the problem.

Reply to topic   Topic: Computer saying limited or no connectivity View previous topic :: View next topic