logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Coding & Scripting Corner View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Accessing mysql from network problem
Author
peacemaker

PostPosted: Wed 24 Nov '10 16:47    Post subject: Accessing mysql from network problem Reply with quote

Hi
I have installed XAMPP on one machine and made one database for software which i developed. The machine is in LAN and i want to access that software using another machine. The Database is accessed using phpmyadmin. so i want to access phpmyadmin from another machine. I made shortcut of software exe and thru mynetwork places. I am accessing this XAMPP (mysql) using DSN and made sw in VB6. so i need help regarding how can access that DB using another machine. My software starts only when DB is connected. When i click shortcut it gives error saying "No DSN found or no specific driver specifid". Ihave installed mysql odbc driver. I cannt create DSN as i cannt access DB(phpmyadmin). So i need help how can i do that..
Thanks in Advance.
peacemaker

PostPosted: Wed 01 Dec '10 7:40    Post subject: Accessing mysql from network problem Reply with quote

Hi all... i solved this problem... I am at my office is using thin client. So there was no problem in accessing the mysql db.. but when its in real network..it gives problem... so the solution for this is (this is wat i did) ...go to privileges after going into that database..then u will get the list of all users..choose the user ur using (here for me i am using root at localhost) edit the properties of the root by clicking the pen like icon at the last and u wil get the list of privileges...into that go at the bottom u will the change login information section in that there is option "host" into that list at the moment must be localhost...change it to "any host"...and click "go" it will create new user with name "root@%" with all the tables and databases if ur at localhost...after this select the db from the network (i am connecting my mysql db with DSN) so i created DSN with same name at my client computer. After this i was able to connect to the DB...
If any one has problem related to this please reply to this post ..i wil try to help as much as i can...bye...

Reply to topic   Topic: Accessing mysql from network problem View previous topic :: View next topic