logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Coding & Scripting Corner View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Migrating some perl scripts to apache from IIS ?
Author
J_Witmyer

PostPosted: Tue 23 May '06 16:19    Post subject: HI ALL QUESTIONS Reply with quote

Hi I am new to this site. I am glad to finally find some stinkin win32 apache support. its like unless you run nix then you shouldn't run apache. As we all know it isn't like this.

I am migrating some perl based webs to apache from IIS on win2k for the first time and I have some questions.

The first thing I noticed is that some pages that I was using SSI have an issue about the current working directory. I am calling a script from cgi-bin in a line like :

<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/classes.pl"-->
<!--SST.#MONTHLIST=
<li><a href="cgi-bin\classes.pl?MONTH=%MONTH%&YEAR=%YEAR%&template=schedule-CLASSLIST.stm">%MONTHNAME% %YEAR%</a></li>
-->

The lines aren't really inprotant but in IIS I didn't need the cgi-bin/ that I now in apache need. My question is about control of the current working directory and how I should go about maybe making apache handle this more like IIS.

I have another question about logs. I have the module that is avalible on this site called mod_log_rotate. I just put it in the conf but I don't see any changes I set the time to 60 and nothing. The reason I want to use this is because the rotatelogs.exe won't let apache start it will just hang.

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 23 May '06 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need the cgi-bin folder, if you allow to use perl in any directority from the web server.

e.g.
Code:

DocumentRoot "/server2/www"

<Directory "/server2/www">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
AddHandler cgi-script .pl
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
J_Witmyer

PostPosted: Wed 24 May '06 15:50    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

hi thanks for your response

any tips on using the rotatelog module

Reply to topic   Topic: Migrating some perl scripts to apache from IIS ? View previous topic :: View next topic