logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: I need HINTS mod_sec that is causing the page to load slow
Author
somnang

PostPosted: Thu 28 Apr '11 4:19    Post subject: I need HINTS mod_sec that is causing the page to load slow Reply with quote

Can someone lead me to the right hint as to why my site loaded slow? I have a feeling it's the mod_sec that is causing the page to load extremely slow. Also, install.log shows:
ServerSslPort = 80
Install log says it's listening on port 80 and it should be set to 443. Where can I find "ServerSslPort". I google for info but have no results on that argument.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 28 Apr '11 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

install.log from what?

if you wanna run apache on port 80 and 443 you have to look after

Listen 80
Listen 443
somnang

PostPosted: Thu 28 Apr '11 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you James Blond (just realize the pun there) Smile

When I am referring to "install.log", I am talking about Apache. I never knew you can have TWO of the same directives "Listen" in httpd.conf. Does not make sense. I'll google more. Thank you.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 28 Apr '11 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

it makes sence, because it listen on port 80 for http and on port 443 for https. I see there no issue Wink
However the ServerSslPort = 80 is no indication for the slow serving. if you do a bit trial and error: Does apache serv faster if you disable mod_sec?
somnang

PostPosted: Fri 29 Apr '11 3:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes without mod_sec, my Apache serve HTTP traffic at blazzing speed... page will load instantly (at light speed :p )

But my main concern is this part tho, why I only seeing this:

Installing Apache HTTP 2.0 server with
DomainName = [removed].blogsite.org
ServerName = [removed].blogsite.org
ServerAdmin = [email removed to avoid spam]
ServerPort = 80
ServerSslPort = 80

ServerRoot = C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2

Why I can't find any thing in Google search for ServerSslPort. If I know where that directive is located, I can go and change that. I want to change the port to 443 on that directive but it's no where to be found.
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 29 Apr '11 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can ignore that from the install.log. That is nothing to worry about.

So since your web server is much faster without mod_sec. Maybe you have too many rules enabled or you pass a lot fof parameters via get.
somnang

PostPosted: Fri 29 Apr '11 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you James
somnang

PostPosted: Sun 01 May '11 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

James, I have an update.

I use mod_security version 2.5.12 and it loads my site very fast. My site loads extremely slow when I use v2.6 compiled by Smith.

Reply to topic   Topic: I need HINTS mod_sec that is causing the page to load slow View previous topic :: View next topic