logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Stop Apache from Starting Up on Boot
Author
rmdean10

PostPosted: Wed 11 May '11 13:53    Post subject: Stop Apache from Starting Up on Boot Reply with quote

I have Apache Server 2.2 installed on my Windows 7 for dev work (so I can install php, mysql, and any other server-served items I want or need).

I have run into an issue, however, where Apache slows things down a little bit, and I am not using it all the time.

So what I want to do is not have Apache load on boot. Is there a way I can do this without reinstalling Apache (and php and mysql)? I have searched all of the Apache files for some reference to startup and can find nothing, but I may have missed it.

The only suggestion I found googling was to remove Apache monitor form the Start > Startup folder. All that did was have the monitor not start on startup, but the server still is.

Thanks for any help you can give!
Virsacer

PostPosted: Wed 11 May '11 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goto the Services Control Panel, doubleclick on "Apache" and set Starttype to manual.
rmdean10

PostPosted: Wed 11 May '11 19:42    Post subject: Worked Great Reply with quote

Worked great. Figured it had to be something straightforward. I'll have to explore the Services a bit more now. Thanks!

Reply to topic   Topic: Stop Apache from Starting Up on Boot View previous topic :: View next topic