logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Buliding Apache 2.0.55 with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
Author
Blaah2006

PostPosted: Wed 31 May '06 1:10    Post subject: Buliding Apache 2.0.55 with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Reply with quote

Hi all,

First of all, sorry for posting this in here, I know 2.0.55 is not 2.2, but it is the version I need to build unfortunately.

I am trying to create a release of Apache 2.0.55 from the source code. I was following this guide:
http://www.devside.net/web/server/windows/apache

And I keep running into two problems:

1) I get these:

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'wldap32.lib'

I installed the latest Platform SDK and ran the path registration tool provided with it. Then, I manually made sure that both 'wldap32.h' and 'wldap32.lib' are included in Visual Studio paths. I tried all sorts of settings but this presists. It refuses to link the library. I looked through the forums and searched online as much as I could, but I am still stuck. Its probably something simple that I am missing from staring at it for too long.

2) This isn't really a problem, but Makefile.win seems to have a syntax error on line 129 where the line
!IF "$(MAKE)" == "NMAKE"
should be
!IF "($MAKE)" == "NMAKE"
Basically, I just wanted to confirm this. I should just go ahead and fix it, right? Smile

Any input would be of great help. Thank you!

PS: If anyone has good instructions on how to build the thing in Visual C++ 6.0 (from VS 6.0) instead, I can do that too. I was running into similar issues, and overall would prefer to get it to work with 2005, but as long as the job is done I don't really care.
Blaah2006

PostPosted: Wed 31 May '06 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as I about give up and resort to hoping someone replies in here, I find a clue Smile

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815645

That's horrible. Hope it helps someone save some time searching. Spaces are evil.

Reply to topic   Topic: Buliding Apache 2.0.55 with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 View previous topic :: View next topic