logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: PHP Win64 (for Apache 2.2 Win64) - Development Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author
jawrat

PostPosted: Tue 15 Aug '06 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it was worth a try.

looks like i'll have to keep using my VM x86 for the time being. Wink keep the 32 and x64 stuff separate...

thanks for making the x64 stuff available anyhow. I *was* able to get php up and running concurrently with everything else on the server, so maybe one day, MS will make some sort of connection module for x64 that's not tied to .NET
PaRK_7677

PostPosted: Wed 16 Aug '06 7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawrat wrote:
well, it was worth a try.

looks like i'll have to keep using my VM x86 for the time being. Wink keep the 32 and x64 stuff separate...

thanks for making the x64 stuff available anyhow. I *was* able to get php up and running concurrently with everything else on the server, so maybe one day, MS will make some sort of connection module for x64 that's not tied to .NET

AHA success! I found a round-about way to connect PHPx64 to MSSQL Smile

It's an extension called ODBTP. It's open-source and I have ported it to 64-bit. The only funky thing is that it uses a Windows service to proxy the SQL. From the documentation it looks like you can simply change mssql_ to odbtp_ as well as change the connection method. I got access to a MS SQL server and can query it from PHPx64 fine.

Email me at park[@]fusionxlan.com (remove []) and I'll send you the ZIP of everything you need to try it out. It's all 64-bit Smile
jawrat

PostPosted: Wed 16 Aug '06 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

email sent! woo! can't wait to try it out.
PaRK_7677

PostPosted: Sat 19 Aug '06 7:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

New release built on PHP 5.1.5 to include security and other updates.

Download: http://www.fusionxlan.com/PHPx64/PHP-5.1.5-x64-2006-08-18.zip

All previous extensions included as well as ODBTP (database extension, useful for MS SQL since php_mssql.dll can't be compiled)

I haven't heard back from Jawrat on his success/unsuccess of ODBTP extension for MS SQL but have decided to include it in the archive anyways. I had it working with no signs of errors in preliminary tests.

Probably one of my last updates to this project for a while since college classes start up in a few days. Still post your personal results of using PHPx64 as well as any errors you may run into!

Thanks everybody for the support in this project. Smile

Enjoy Wink
FriedIQ

PostPosted: Thu 24 Aug '06 16:33    Post subject: php_mysql extension not loading. Reply with quote

I seem to be having trouble loading the php_mysql extensions, has anyone else xperienced this problem?

Otherwise the 64-bit version is operating just fine and all the other extensons are loading, including php_mysqli.

I've tried changng the load order, loading both mysql and mysqli, loading nothing but mysql... Nothing. No error, the extention is simply not available...

Thanks for any advise you might have.

FriedIQ
Jorge

PostPosted: Thu 24 Aug '06 21:28    Post subject: Re: php_mysql extension not loading. Reply with quote

FriedIQ wrote:
I seem to be having trouble loading the php_mysql extensions, has anyone else xperienced this problem?

Otherwise the 64-bit version is operating just fine and all the other extensons are loading, including php_mysqli.

I've tried changng the load order, loading both mysql and mysqli, loading nothing but mysql... Nothing. No error, the extention is simply not available...

Thanks for any advise you might have.

FriedIQ

Are you using that with the 32bit or 64bit version of MySQL?
jawrat

PostPosted: Thu 24 Aug '06 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, so i got odbtp to work just fine...connects and retrieves data. but there's something wonky with the datatypes, as anything that is not either an int, a guid, or a datetime, comes up as NULL. alllllmost there... Wink any hints from the community out there?

thx
-jawrat
FriedIQ

PostPosted: Fri 25 Aug '06 3:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorge,

Thanks for the response, however the culprit in this case was me.

I'd managed during my edit of the PHP.ini file to uncomment the php_mssql.dll line and not the php_mysql.dll line. (In fact so great was my blunder that I'd actually deleted the php_mssql.dll line...)

Once all was set right PHP and the MySQL extension ran like a charm and is talking quite nicely to the 64-bit version of MySQL.

Regards,

Fried IQ
Annihilator

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug '06 10:24    Post subject: Info, bug, request... Reply with quote

Info: PHPx64 can be compiled under Win32, as Visual Studio 2005 includes a cross-compiler for such a purpose. HOWEVER, php.exe needs to be run after the compilation in order to build the release folder tree, and since php.exe is a 64-bit executable...

Bog report: The APC extension crashes PHP when I try to use it. I'm running PHP under W2k3, as an IIS ISAPI module.

Request: Please include FastCGI and eAccelerator in the releases.
dc_d00de

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug '06 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will PHPx64 5.1.6 be released?

Btw: Thanks for your good work Smile
abcde

PostPosted: Wed 06 Sep '06 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawrat wrote:
okay, so i got odbtp to work just fine...connects and retrieves data. but there's something wonky with the datatypes, as anything that is not either an int, a guid, or a datetime, comes up as NULL. alllllmost there... Wink any hints from the community out there?

thx
-jawrat
I have the same problem! Mad
How to fix it? Sad
It's very important for me, pls, help.
PaRK_7677

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep '06 4:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

dc_d00de wrote:
When will PHPx64 5.1.6 be released?

Btw: Thanks for your good work Smile

I wasn't aware that 5.1.6 has been released already. That was quick. I will try to compile it and release soon.

Annihilator wrote:
Info: PHPx64 can be compiled under Win32, as Visual Studio 2005 includes a cross-compiler for such a purpose. HOWEVER, php.exe needs to be run after the compilation in order to build the release folder tree, and since php.exe is a 64-bit executable...

Bog report: The APC extension crashes PHP when I try to use it. I'm running PHP under W2k3, as an IIS ISAPI module.

Request: Please include FastCGI and eAccelerator in the releases.

I will look into eAccelerator and building FastCGI. APC works for me (Apache x64, W2K3) but crashes when unloading the server (which I don't do except for restarting). I will try the newest version of APC in a coming release to see if that helps.

abcde wrote:
jawrat wrote:

thx
-jawrat
I have the same problem! Mad
How to fix it? Sad
It's very important for me, pls, help.

I do not personally use MS SQL. I will try to get a hold of a server and try to see what I can come up with. I'll let you know what I find out.

Again, time is short for me but I do want to make progress on this project. Thanks everyone for the support.
dc_d00de

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep '06 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaRK_7677 wrote:

I wasn't aware that 5.1.6 has been released already. That was quick. I will try to compile it and release soon.

Perhaps you don't need to do extra work and release v5.1.6, because php 5.2.0 RC3 has been released to internal testers (see php development mailing list). And since it's RC3, the final version will probably be released soon (i think).

Last edited by dc_d00de on Fri 15 Sep '06 9:59; edited 1 time in total
PaRK_7677

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep '06 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

dc_d00de wrote:
PaRK_7677 wrote:

Perhaps you don't need to do extra work and release v5.1.6, because php 5.2.0 RC3 has been released to internal testers (see php development mailing list). And since it's RC3, the final version will probably be released soon (i think).

Yes I see now conversation about RC3 at the beginning of this month. I'll continue to work with 5.1.6, APC bug, ODBTP-MS SQL NULL bug, add eAccelerator and FastCGI. If 5.2.0 is released before I release, I'll make sure it's included. If you hear anything else, please let me know.

-PaRK
PaRK_7677

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep '06 21:40    Post subject: MS SQL NULL Quick FIX Reply with quote

Here is a quick fix for those receiving NULL for non-INT data types:

It simply involves replacing the ODBTP service provided with PHP-5.1.5-x64 package with the 32-bit versions provided from the ODBTP project (linked below in a minimal ZIP including:

odbtpsrv.exe (32-bit)
odbtpctl.exe (32-bit)

Download:
http://www.fusionxlan.com/PHPx64/odbtp-1.1.4-NULL-fix.zip

Procedure to replace the 64-bit version with 32-bit:

1. Open a command prompt (cmd) window on the Windows host.

2. Change to the directory to which the service program files i.e., cd C:\Program Files\odbtp

3. Run the following commands to install and start the service:

odbtpctl stop

4. Find the directory on the Windows host where the service program files reside, i.e., Open My Computer > C:\Program Files\odbtp

5. When and only when odbpt has been stopped ( odbtpctl stop ), find and delete the following files:

odbtpctl.exe
odbtpsrv.exe

6. Copy the files 'odbtpctl.exe' & 'odbtpsrv.exe' files from the included ZIP into the directory found in Step 1.

7. Run the following command to start the service in the same command prompt as Step 3.

odbtpctl start

Retry your MS SQL PHP script. It should return valid values instead of NULL.

Although the ODBTP server is in 32-bit mode, the PHP extension is still 64-bit! It does not affect your PHP installation at all!
PaRK_7677

PostPosted: Tue 12 Sep '06 4:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, 3rd post in a row. Sorry, but I had some time to work and got a lot done.

@Annihilator
This is specifically for you. I've got eAccelerator.dll, isapi_fcgi.dll, and a new php_apc.dll for you to try if you're willing. I don't use every server configuration (including IIS) so I would appreciate help from you and the community. If interested, email me at park[@]fusionxlan.com (remove [])

A few more people: if you're willing to try out any of the 3 files listed above please email me at park[@]fusionxlan.com (remove [])

I'm waiting to see if there are signs of life from PHP 5.2.0 so I want to refine the three DLLs listed above as well as take any questions. If any of the 3 have potential, they will be released to the public in the next release.
LSMetag

PostPosted: Tue 12 Sep '06 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you release 64 bits dll extensions for postgres (php_pgsql.dll) and oci 8 (php_oci8.dll) ? I need them for my work. And I think a lot of people wants to work with postgreSQL which is a better database than Mysql.

I tried with 32 bits dlls but it didn't work. Please help me !!!
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 12 Sep '06 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Very interesting thread. I do not have a 64 box, so I do not jump on the 64 bandwagon (yet).

Should it be an idea to make a seperate "Apache 2 Win64" forum ?

Steffen
PaRK_7677

PostPosted: Tue 12 Sep '06 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSMetag wrote:
Can you release 64 bits dll extensions for postgres (php_pgsql.dll) and oci 8 (php_oci8.dll) ? I need them for my work. And I think a lot of people wants to work with postgreSQL which is a better database than Mysql.

I tried with 32 bits dlls but it didn't work. Please help me !!!

I will look into getting Postgre and OCI8 to compile. Hopefully they are easy to work with.

Steffen wrote:
Hi all,

Very interesting thread. I do not have a 64 box, so I do not jump on the 64 bandwagon (yet).

Should it be an idea to make a seperate "Apache 2 Win64" forum ?

Steffen

Hi Steffen,

I don't think it would be a bad idea, the 64-bit topic is certainly gaining popularity! Thanks for the great site. Think it has helped a lot of people.
LSMetag

PostPosted: Tue 12 Sep '06 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much !!! Very Happy I am happy that it doesn't require too much work.

I just thought to another thing. I think it would be a good idea to compile too the correspondant PDO drivers (php_pdo_oci.dll and php_pdo_pgsql.dll). Of course it's less "urgent" because we can still work with php_pdo_mysql.dll but it can still be useful.

I think you make a very good work !!! 64 bit become more and more used and it was a very good initiative to adapt our web developing tools to 64 bits !!! And it works perfectly !!! Very good job !!!!

Besides it encouraged me to leave all in one packages like EasyPhp or Apache2Triad which use too much memory.

You are in my bookmarks Smile

Reply to topic   Topic: PHP Win64 (for Apache 2.2 Win64) - Development View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next