logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Request for a How To: getting mod_ssh2.dll on WAMP.
Author
frankie

PostPosted: Mon 05 Jun '06 22:52    Post subject: Request for a How To: getting mod_ssh2.dll on WAMP. Reply with quote

I coud use some help. I have had no problems getting your binaries up and running, plugging php into it, enabling the extensions that my system depends on, and even loading the php_ssh2.dll and php_openssl.dll extensions. My phpinfo() output shows the correct wrappers and streams for ssh, sftp, ssl, etc, are loaded. However when running code that uses them it fails due to the functions being undefined. Seems fishy to me that I can load the extensions in php, show them in phpinfo, and not use them in code. So, what I am expecting is that there is some additional configuration relating specifically to ssl and ssh that is beyond what I've done before. (My specialty is in complex searching and parsing algorithms). Any guidance would be most appreciated.

The goal is to enable two windows 2003 servers with apache and php5+ to transfer published data (binary and ascii) out to the public servers which are two 4-way HP/UX boxes across an encrypted channel, ssh or ssl will both work. The current solution uses exec() to run putty's plink.exe and pscp.exe. I would like to have programmatic access to the transfers and not simply batch them off one at a time. All machines will be baselined with Apache 2+, php 5.1.4, Oracle 10g, and some custom php extensions (mainly the parsing engines) that I'll recompile for that version of php.

Thanks in advance,
Frankie
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 05 Jun '06 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big chance that your PHP isn't compiled with SSL (not standard), see http://de3.php.net/manual/en/function.ftp-ssl-connect.php there you can also see in the comments that there are some solutions to get PHP work with SSL.

Steffen
frankie

PostPosted: Mon 05 Jun '06 23:44    Post subject: It is possible, however... Reply with quote

I have a working installation of php 5.1.4 with the extensions that I need loaded (php_oci8.dll for example). I then installed the apache 2.2 binaries from your zipfile. I then modified the httpd.conf, started everything, installed the service, and hooked php into it and verified that my phpinfo() looked good. I then enabled the openssl and ssh2 extensions under php and checked to see that indeed they showed up in my phpinfo(). Then when my
ftp_ssl_connect showed up as undefined I found a post here where you had compiled it and followed those instructions copying the three files (from php-5.1.4_openssl-0.9.8b) into my php folder. I restarted httpd. I look at the phpinfo() results and have all the ssh and ssl stuff showing up. But I still have that fucntion undefined.

So, I can setup a machine in the lab to compile php on but if yours already had the openssl libs linked into those three files I shouldn't need to and something else is likely at issue. I was thinking that it would be ssl config related, but then you're right that it showing as being an undefined function indicates something actually in the php installation. I wish that phpinfo() wouldn't show all these things as being found and defined when it can't use them in code. And I'm still lost, on a deadline, doing work for the people that never understand why this stuff isn't as easy as they think it should be.

I'll beat on it some tonight on my instance at home.

Thanks much for replying btw,

Frankie
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 05 Jun '06 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be aware that .zip with openssl was just a test and it was not build eg. against GD2. To build php is a bit OT here, but when I have some spare time, I shall look into it.

Steffen
frankie

PostPosted: Mon 05 Jun '06 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great to me Steffen, and thanks. Is it required that the webserver have openssl compiled and configured if I simply wish to use sftp functionality from php?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue 06 Jun '06 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, we removed some posts of this thread. Too much off-topic and not staying on the Topic description.

Reply to topic   Topic: Request for a How To: getting mod_ssh2.dll on WAMP. View previous topic :: View next topic