logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: phpMyAdmin
Author
Fusion

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jun '06 6:55    Post subject: phpMyAdmin Reply with quote

Hey,
Has anyone been able to use a v2.8.x or v2.9.x with Apache2 on Windows? I was using the cvs-edition 'til June of last year (yes, a year! grrrrr..) but some changes they made has rendered my copy useless.
It gives an error indicating the config.inc.php isn't present, so there seems to be some bug with the code that checks for and reads the configs. If Steffen or anybody has any experiences whatseoever, share them please!
This is just too silly.
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jun '06 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have made a set-up script in the newer versions. Read there docu carefully.

I never get it displaying fine with IE, looks like the css is not loaded correct in IE. With Firefox and Opera it works ok.

I stick for the time being with 2.6.4

Steffen
Fusion

PostPosted: Tue 13 Jun '06 6:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the setup script works just fine (with the cvs anyhow). The trick however, is to set the config.inc it creates to read-only. This is needed for the setup-script to even notice the file, super-weird, but clearly because the script is geared towards *nix systems.

Still, the file it generates still won't work on mine, it acts as if there's no files and tried to go with the defaults (root/no pass). I guess I may have to hard-code the values, but that sort of defeats the purpose. Smile

Reply to topic   Topic: phpMyAdmin View previous topic :: View next topic