logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: How to trace problems with third party modules
Author
panam@gmx.net

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jan '10 20:58    Post subject: How to trace problems with third party modules Reply with quote

I am running Apache (win32) and Tomcat (x64) on a VPS (Windows 2003, x64) as services with no problems so far. Now I tried to plug mod_wsgi (win32; for running Phyton) and mod_jk (win32, to pass through certain requests to Tomcat) into Apache. Whenever pages that either of the modules should serve are accessed, a "Service Unavailable" is returned. However, both modules seem to work (at least, there are no errors in error.log indicating the contrary). The log Level in httpd.conf is set to info. Running Apache via command line also does not show any errors.
Although it could be that both are somehow misconfigured, I presume that the problem is related to the Apache configuration directly since there are no error messages in the logs and both third party modules show the same behavior.
One additional thing that might possibly be relevant: Connecting remotely to the VPS and trying to access the pages that should be served by the modules from there (using localhost) returns a 404 generated by an IIS instance instead of the Apache message "Service Unavailable" (probably somehow due to the shared hosting). This also happens with invalid addresses.
Do you have suggestions how I can further track down possible errors or have you experienced the same?

Thanks for help
panam
panam@gmx.net

PostPosted: Sun 24 Jan '10 0:13    Post subject: [solved] Reply with quote

OK, the problem was IIS running in the background. Switched to a Linux system and IIS is gone...

Reply to topic   Topic: How to trace problems with third party modules View previous topic :: View next topic