logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: What is the durable mod_fcgid setting values?
Author
maskego

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar '12 2:23    Post subject: What is the durable mod_fcgid setting values? Reply with quote

The suggestive value is below:
FcgidIOTimeout 40
FcgidConnectTimeout 10
FcgidMaxProcesses 8
FcgidOutputBufferSize 64
ProcessLifeTime 240
FcgidMaxRequestsPerProcess 500
FcgidMinProcessesPerClass 0

And,what is the durable setting values for my site?
I run mod_security at the same machine.
(It runs under win2003server 32bit,4G Ram,Xeon4core*2)

Can anyone suggest that? Rolling Eyes

If I set the :FcgidConnectTimeout 10" to "FcgidConnectTimeout 1000" and "FcgidOutputBufferSize 64" to "FcgidOutputBufferSize 65536",will the system get crashed?or get halted?..
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar '12 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

65536 is just 64 kilobyte. I had much higher values running without any issue. By the way that 65536 is the default value, if you set nothing. You should choose a value of the output size from the generated html, than the process does not have to flush a part of the data when the cache is full.

Why do you want to increase FcgidConnectTimeout that much? I mean that are seconds. It is the time the fcgid wrapper waits to connect to the cgi process (the cgi start time). 1000 would be almost 17 Minutes. I don't think that it makes sense to increase that.

What do want to achieve with that? Is your server too slow?
maskego

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar '12 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

James:

I make a mistake.Embarassed It's my wrong typing.

What I mean is to increase the "FcgidMaxProcesses 8" to "FcgidMaxProcesses 1000",does it mean to server more visitors to visit site at the same time?Is there any advatage or disadvantage for live site?

And,to use the default value of FcgidOutputBufferSize 64" or to increase the value to get good performance is right or not?
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 22 Mar '12 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

maskego wrote:

What I mean is to increase the "FcgidMaxProcesses 8" to "FcgidMaxProcesses 1000",does it mean to server more visitors to visit site at the same time?Is there any advatage or disadvantage for live site?

That's overkill. With my configs, depending on the server config, a normal PHP script / process has 4 to 8 MB of memory usage. In a short time it can be that a script that needs more memory (php.ini -> memory_limit) it grows up to 50 MB for less than a second or so. Think about it, if you would set the maximal number of processes to 1000 x 4 MB = 3,8 GB of RAM usage. But I doubt that it would reach that number. On my busy server I use 50 as limit. On a very busy server it is 75.

maskego wrote:

And,to use the default value of FcgidOutputBufferSize 64" or to increase the value to get good performance is right or not?

Nope the default is 65536 = 64 KB. I recommend something like double of that. And yes that can increase the performance.

in your apache config you should check ThreadsPerChild setting. That is the number of simulatan possible connection to your server. For me it was always enough to have 100. a) the network wasn't able to handle more b) serving more than 100 requests per second you should think of loadbalancing or serving your content with a lot of caching that it is more or less static.
maskego

PostPosted: Fri 23 Mar '12 3:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to tune that.Smile
regards.
maskego

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar '12 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

James:

I try to increase FcgidOutputBufferSize 64 to FcgidOutputBufferSize 128,but not to feel the performance good aparently.

What is the maximum of FcgidOutputBufferSize can be set under system no crashed but good performance?
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar '12 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try

Code:

FcgidOutputBufferSize 131072

Reply to topic   Topic: What is the durable mod_fcgid setting values? View previous topic :: View next topic