logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.4 for Win 7 x64 is not reachable from outside.
Author
79groch10

PostPosted: Mon 07 May '12 17:43    Post subject: Apache 2.4 for Win 7 x64 is not reachable from outside. Reply with quote

I am experiencing some issues with the latest Apache 2.4 for windows x64.

My system is as follows:
Apache 2.4 x64 (latest for Win 7);
PHP latest x 64;
MySQL latest x64;
phpMyAdmin (latest);
+ WWW.

Everything is working from inside address like 127.0.0.1; 192.168.-; localhost.

The web and services are not accessible from outside (internet) though.

There must be some issue with the Apache itself or the settings with apache.

I have tried different server with different system (nginx), and it has shown to be reachable from internet (outside). My gues is that this is not firewall or router issue.

Any thoughts?
Sad
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 08 May '12 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd first check if you can get to it from another computer inside the lan. If you can, then strange you cannot from the outside if you got nginx to show through the router. If you cannot, then it's probably the Windows Firewall being a pain.
79groch10

PostPosted: Tue 08 May '12 3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

glsmith wrote:
I'd first check if you can get to it from another computer inside the lan. If you can, then strange you cannot from the outside if you got nginx to show through the router. If you cannot, then it's probably the Windows Firewall being a pain.

Solved! You were correct. The Windows Firewall was the problem.

Here is a little tip for others: I found that, if you are starting Apache (httpd.exe) the very first time, do it from command line with administrator rights (I am on Win 7). This way, windows firewall pop-up shows a message that Apache is trying to make lan + internet connections. The lan on the pop-up is naturally checked (no risk). But, the internet (outside world) is unchecked. When I saw this, everything was clear - here is the problem. The check mark corrected the issue.
Very Happy

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.4 for Win 7 x64 is not reachable from outside. View previous topic :: View next topic