logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects
Author
kevsy

PostPosted: Thu 09 Aug '12 11:52    Post subject: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects Reply with quote

I am following a tutorial and I've hit a bad patch.
The tutorial has a page that includes setting up a 'Vanity URL' with an .htaccess file.
On activating, it returns a '500 Internal Server Error'.
The Apache_error_log shows:

[Thu Aug 09 09:53:25 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error.
Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.,
referer: http://localhost/lr/index_1.php

Could you please unlock the mystery.
I am using WAMP and the server is Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) PHP/5.3.0 configured.

One more small request. My Apache_error_log takes ages to load, is there anyway of deleting the contents or speeding up the loading??

Admin note:
Changed subject more meaningful.
Steffen

PostPosted: Thu 09 Aug '12 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you have an incorrect rewrite rule.

To clear your log file(s): stop apache and delete.

Steffen
kevsy

PostPosted: Fri 10 Aug '12 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffen I am at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to knowing what I need to know about Apache. I would be grateful if you could expand on how I locate and check/correct the rewrite rule, also when you say 'stop Apache' do you mean put offline and where are the log files, or can the log files be located via Windows Explorer..??

Thank you...kev
Steffen

PostPosted: Fri 10 Aug '12 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bare minimum you have to know, is where Apache is installed. Default the log are located in .../apache/logs.

The rewrite rule is in the .htaccess, best is to go back to the author of your .htaccess rules.

Steffen
kevsy

PostPosted: Fri 10 Aug '12 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed a bit on my own, I located and deleted the error_logs just before reading you reply, congratulated myself and moved up one step in the food chain. Now for htaccess.
Be back later... kev
kevsy

PostPosted: Fri 10 Aug '12 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevsy wrote:
I managed a bit on my own, I located and deleted the error_logs just before reading you reply, congratulated myself and moved up one step in the food chain. Now for htaccess.
Be back later... kev

Back again Steffen.
I found the 'rewrite module' and it's on.

I can't find a way of dealing with:
[Fri Aug 10 11:12:39 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace., referer: http://localhost/lr/index_1.php

I have 1 function:
function logged_in_redirect() {
if (logged_in() === true) {
header('Location: index_1.php');
exit();
}
}
This function is only active when in use in any one of 3 files.

kev
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 10 Aug '12 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevsy wrote:
[error] [client 127.0.0.1] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace., referer: http://localhost/lr/index_1.php

header('Location: index_1.php');
exit();

That header is the problem! It redirects to itself with stopping. You built a nice loop. Wink
kevsy

PostPosted: Sat 11 Aug '12 0:22    Post subject: SOLVED Video_31,32,33. Profile Page Reply with quote

Bit further up the food chain today..long process.

The error_log was a bit misleading and in the end the actual error lay with an .htaccess file and '/'

Never mind, thanks all.

Reply to topic   Topic: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects View previous topic :: View next topic