logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: MOD_AUTH_CAS
Author
fperotto

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug '12 17:37    Post subject: MOD_AUTH_CAS Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm currently working with Apache 2.2 on Windows Server 2003, and I'm trying to integrate an SSO like Jasig CAS.

I followed the instructions to compile the mod_auth_cas but my attempts were not successful... (after several hours I finally reached the end of the compilation process, but Apache was unable to load the module...)

I'm posting this message in this forum because i think someone here have already affronted the same problem.

I will be very grateful if someone can give me some tips!

It could be interesting of proposing a compiled version of this module on Apache Lounge, not?

thank you very much,
Filipo
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug '12 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a post here: http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=2256

Did you read https://source.jasig.org/cas-clients/mod_auth_cas/tags/mod_auth_cas-1.0.9.1/README.win32

There is stated:
NOTE: As of mod_auth_cas 1.0.9, Win32 support has been dropped due
to lack of development resources and low community interest.
As a result, these instructions may be inaccurate. As an
explicit example, the additional curl dependency is not
addressed in these instructions at all.

Here at ApacheLounge we are concentrating on 2.4 and because there is a huge difference between auth in 2.2 and 2.4 code the author of a module should be willing to make it compatible.

Steffen
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug '12 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I suppose it all depends on how you got around the errors when building the module. Those instructions in that readme are kind of bad too. Modules built on VC2008/2010 rarely play nice with Apache from apache.org (which is suggested to use in that readme).

Regardless of what that readme says about Windows support, it's not that terrible to build (especially a fresh git copy (versioned 1.0.10)

https://github.com/Jasig/mod_auth_cas/zipball/master

It requires openssl and also curl, the latter of which it never mentions. I have no way to test this module though to be sure. It forwards me to the CASLoginUrl like it should though.

Reply to topic   Topic: MOD_AUTH_CAS View previous topic :: View next topic