logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: PHP Win64 Build-Environment
Author
Virsacer

PostPosted: Sat 08 Sep '12 23:07    Post subject: PHP Win64 Build-Environment Reply with quote

Hi,

I will not be providing x64 builds anymore.
But I decieded to make my Build-Environment available:

http://www.erazergermany.de/HOME/PHP-Win64-Build-Environment.zip

Have fun and feel free to modify it to your needs...
Steffen

PostPosted: Sun 09 Sep '12 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should miss your builds, thanks! I leave the link to the latest on the download page.

Also thanks for your Build-Environment.

Steffen
gdprogrammer59

PostPosted: Mon 17 Sep '12 14:33    Post subject: PHP 64-bit Reply with quote

Do you think anyone will pick up the PHP Windows 64-bit build? There has only been one other PHP Windows 64-bit build that I have found (and this site also builds Windows 64-bit Apache as well) but seems to be a couple of months behind.

I have downloaded the build environment but seems to be missing key elements:
- version of VC used/tested on
- how to use the provided PHP files (i.e. php index.php produces a HTML table but also says it will update !Libraries.php but I don't understand how)

Not that I have the time to do this (does anybody?) but if I can get a little guidance I would be willing to give it a shot.
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 17 Sep '12 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basic steps can be found here https://wiki.php.net/internals/windows/stepbystepbuild
Virsacer

PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep '12 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I did use VC10 Prof with Windows SDK 7.1
!Libraries.php has to be updated manually

You can move index.php to your htdocs - it tells you which libraries are ready to be built

green: output zip (with version-matching-filename) exists
yellow: ready to build
red: another lib needs to be built first

orange: newer versions of the lib did not work for me (set with "!" in front of versionnumber in !Libraries.php)

Obviously index.php cannot check if the zip actually contains a correct built lib - so if you update a lib you need to check if other libs depend on it and rebuilt them...

When you have all libs just run !BUILD.bat
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep '12 9:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

A suggestion: put your Environment on github.
gdprogrammer59

PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep '12 17:14    Post subject: PHP 64-bit Build Reply with quote

I wanted to say thank you, Virsacer, for posting a response. I did want to let you know that I am going to attempt to build PHP x64 ver soon.

I have installed the Windows SDK 7.1 (a tad bit of a pain since I already had VC10 w/SP1 installed) and VC10 w/SP1.

I had built a couple of early PHP 5.3 versions so I am somewhat familiar with build processes (at least way back then). What has lost me some is the use of the PHP files in the process. I went ahead and set Apache to point the localhost to D:/PHP and PHP.EXE is in the path and I can view index.php.

I need to download and try to sort the build process out.

Just how different is this as compared to the reference that James had provided (the step-by-step build)? Any information that deviates from that would be helpful.

Also, when you say the ones in orange didn't work for you, what did you do in those cases? I see that curl shows 7.26.0 but it is orange?

Thank you kindly for your assistance.
Virsacer

PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep '12 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

you need to download and put the sourcecode into the directories as described in Readme.note
The other stuff mentioned in stepbystepbuild is done by !BUILD.bat

cURL 7.26.0 does work, but 7.27.0 did not...

Reply to topic   Topic: PHP Win64 Build-Environment View previous topic :: View next topic