logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Errors with VC10 Build
Author
VoodooMill

PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep '12 0:43    Post subject: Errors with VC10 Build Reply with quote

Hey there,

I've been working on upgrading my compiler environment from VC++ 2008 to 2010. So far I've started with compiling source I know I can successfully compile with 2008.

Apache 2.2.22, Zlib 1.2.7, OpenSSL 0.9.8x compile well for me under VC 2010.

When I attempt to change OpenSSL 0.9.8x to 1.0.1c OpenSSL compiles and tests fine. However, after Apache compiles and the copying begins I get errors about files not being found. Specifically the last two attempts the file not found has been mod_deflate.so. Between each compile attempt I wipe out the current source and put in fresh.

When I switch back to 0.9.8x everything compiles well.

Any idea why this would happen?

Another oddity is when I had 2 vCPU's configured for my compiler virtual machine I ran into a whole lot of compilation failures due to files being used by another process. Reducing vCPU's to 1 seems to have remedied that. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks for your help!
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep '12 2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

right click on the mod_deflate project, select
Project Only -> Rebuild only mod_deflate

What are the errors?
Is this Express or Professional/Ultimate version of VC10?

I'm not yet understanding why mod_deflate would have a problem with the version of OpenSSL.
VoodooMill

PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep '12 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gl,

Thanks for the reply. I'm using Express.

I don't understand why OpenSSL version would have anything to do with mod_deflate either, and it may not. But changing the OpenSSL source is the only thing I changed as I baby-step my way through my upgrade.

I watched Apache compile more carefully this morning and didn't see any of the 'ssl' lines. It's like the compile is leaving out OpenSSL and zlib.

When I rebuild just mod_deflate there are no errors, but mod_deflate.so isn't created. When I rebuild mod_ssl (I searched and saw mod_ssl.so wasn't there either) first then rebuild mod_deflate their respective .so files are created.

I just tried a build when building mod_ssl, mod_deflate, then InstallBin. Unfortunately that results in an even bigger mess failure-wise.
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep '12 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused by your reply, if there were no errors then they should have built during that rebuild process. Anyhow;

The express version are a pain but still useful. After loading the solution/converting, right click on the BuildBin project, choose Project Dependencies, and start adding check marks to these things;

mod_deflate: provided zlib is built and in srclib/zlib

abs & mod_ssl: provided some version of OpenSSL 098 or higher is built and in srclib/openssl

apr_dbd_odbc: dependencies are built into windows so no need for anything else.

This should make it all work fine. The reason Express versions do not work is that they do not have devenv.exe, which is used to build these modules, dbd connector an apache bench ssl version (abs.exe) after checking if the dependencies are present. As long as one knows they have what these things require present, one can build these during the main build stage like we've done when checking the boxes for these things.
VoodooMill

PostPosted: Wed 26 Sep '12 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl,

Adding those dependencies did the trick, thank you!

Reply to topic   Topic: Errors with VC10 Build View previous topic :: View next topic