logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache HTTP Server 2.2.0 Released
Author
Steffen

PostPosted: Fri 02 Dec '05 1:06    Post subject: Apache HTTP Server 2.2.0 Released Reply with quote

Apache 2.2 offers numerous enhancements, improvements, and performance boosts over the 2.0 codebase. For an overview of new features introduced since 2.0 see: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/new_features_2_2.html

I am running it now here at the Apache Loune quite some time and it runs very well, "feels" faster and more stable.

Steffen
pnllan

PostPosted: Mon 05 Dec '05 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffen,

Thanks for the Cool Site, and a place to ask questions.

I have been waiting for Apache 2.2 for months, and now that it has been released there is nothing for Win32 Shocked . Do you have any idea why ASF did this? Confused

I have also noticed that you said that you have a compiled binary. Is there any way of getting this from you? Wink

Thanks
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 05 Dec '05 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed I have a complete binary, see http://www.apachelounge.com/download/

At ASF they were quite in a rush to release it before the ApacheCon, and Win32 has not that priority (it seems).

Steffen
pnllan

PostPosted: Mon 05 Dec '05 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the fast reply...

I had visited the download page, and noticed that you wrote..."Please contact me for download (just...". By your post, I infer there is a link somewhere on the page...I just cannot seem to find it.

Confused

I see links for modules, but nothing for Apache (i.e. - *.exe and supporting files).

Regarding ASF, that was in the back of my mind, but ASF over the past couple of years released both platforms together (at least that has been my observation). So I was starting to think that ASF might have decided to kill Win32. Crying or Very sad Apache has always been my choice for HTTP servers.
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 05 Dec '05 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

There is an email button in the menu on the download page.

Steffen
clauded

PostPosted: Wed 07 Dec '05 19:24    Post subject: Apache 2.2 on Windows 2003 Reply with quote

Hi,

Just a quick note to mention I've been running Steffen compiled modules of Apache 2.2 on Windows 2003 sp1 box. Runs very smoothly but must have .Net framework installed (version 1 or 2).
asinsh

PostPosted: Sat 10 Dec '05 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffen wrote:
...At ASF they were quite in a rush to release it before the ApacheCon, and Win32 has not that priority (it seems)....

Any word on when the 'official' win32 binary MSI version will come out? And when it does, will it already have the fixed php5 module and whatever other win32 patches are needed to get things working properly?
Steffen

PostPosted: Sun 11 Dec '05 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea.

There are coming no patches in the source for Win32. Only patches to build it under Win32. They are not coming with a binary build with VC++2005. The one I build with VC++2005 and I have reports that it is fast.

The binary you can get here has exactly the same source as the *nix versions.

The php module must come from the php guys, I think with the next release of php it is build-in. But the php5apache2 module which I compiled is the same as they are coming with in the (near)future.

So no reason to wait.

Steffen
asinsh

PostPosted: Mon 12 Dec '05 6:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used steffen's win32 binary build and it seems to work fine. My only problem: my original httpd.conf file that I was using from apache 2.0.55 didn't work at all. I had to start from scratch with the conf file that came with apache 2.2...it's going to take me quite some time to work through that and replicate what I originally had.
But I'm sure I'll work thorugh that eventually, and I'll end up with what I hope will be a much faster server.

Thanks again, steffen!

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache HTTP Server 2.2.0 Released View previous topic :: View next topic