logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.4 SSL website logging problem with XP SP3
Author
imfriend4u

PostPosted: Sat 15 Dec '12 18:22    Post subject: Apache 2.4 SSL website logging problem with XP SP3 Reply with quote

I installed Apache 2.4 x64 from this site recently and I face with a strange issue.

Both server and client certificates on Windows 2008 RC2 created and transferred server certificate on my newly installed Apache and modified httpd.conf file to use virtual host on HTTPS.

During the test i tested certificate on the next configurations:

Quote:
Friefox, Google Chrome and both IE8 and IE9 on and W7 x32 and x64.
Result: Apache accepted client certificates and allowed me to the webpage.

Quote:
On XP SP3 i tried Friefox, Google Chrome and IE8.
Result: Apache accepted client certificates from Friefox and Google Chrome.
Trying to access the virtual host webpage HAS FAILED using IE8 on XP SP3. The list of the client certificates has not popped up by using IE8, the IE8 always try to connect for some time and finally IE8 responds with the message : "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

I consulted the internet sources and tried almost everything: resetting IE8, added my HTTPS webpage to trusted sources, deleted history, cleared certificate cache, checked my xp sp 3 files for viruses and Trojans, did reset winsock and the result has been always the same - the connection to the website always fails!

Here is a detail from the error log which has logged each time my xpsp3 client try to connect with IE8:

Quote:
[Sat Dec 15 10:15:33.526882 2012] [ssl:error] [pid 7684:tid 932] [client 192.168.1.109:1726] AH02261: Re-negotiation handshake failed: Not accepted by client!?

Here is also the virtual server configuration part from my httpd.conf file:

Quote:
<VirtualHost *:443>
DocumentRoot "C:\Apache24\sslhtdocs"
ServerName "localhost"
SSLEngine on
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars +StrictRequire

<Directory C:/Apache24/sslhtdocs>
SSLRequireSSL
SSLVerifyClient Require
SSLVerifyDepth 10
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
# Order allow, deny
# Allow from all
Require all granted
</Directory>

SSLProtocol All
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SHA1:+SHA:+TLSv1:SSLV3:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
SSLCertificateFile "C:\Apache24\servercert\WebTest.crt"
SSLCertificateKeyFile "C:\Apache24\servercert\WebTest.key"
SSLCACertificateFile "C:\Apache24\servercert\CACert.crt"

SSLCACertificatePath "C:\Apache24\servercert"
#SSLInsecureRenegotiation on
SSLVerifyClient none

SSLOptions +StdEnvVars -ExportCertData

</VirtualHost>

Can someone help regarding this annoying issue?

Kind regards.
Quote:

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.4 SSL website logging problem with XP SP3 View previous topic :: View next topic