logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: IP.Board + PHP Mail()
Author
Express

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jan '13 2:17    Post subject: IP.Board + PHP Mail() Reply with quote

I am using an installation of IP.Board for a small community I run, I have recently moved it from my old shared hosting service to this dedi box I recently bought and I now (for obvious reasons I'd guess) cannot email anyone.

I have tried setting IP.Board to use mail() to send emails but it seems that PHP can not communicate with my mail server (no connection attempt comes up in the mailserver log files). I am also tempted to try forcing it to use SMTP itself, but I don't want to use such a 'hacky' fix.

I do not know how to set different parameters for mail(), I was wondering if I could get any guidance for this? I use hMailServer (easiest for me to configure, and I was not aware of any decent alternatives...need to be free though not necessarily open source).
japi

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jan '13 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your php.ini mail settings?

Should be something like

Code:

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
; http://php.net/smtp
SMTP = 127.0.0.1
; http://php.net/smtp-port
smtp_port = 25
; [...]

Note that using 127.0.0.1 is not the same as using localhost, as localhost could resolve to ::1 on IPv6 enabled servers.
So use 127.0.0.1 if you have IPv6 enabled on any interface and don't have IPv6 configured in hmailserver (It's IPv4 only by default).

If still nothing shows up you could enable php error logging and check the logs, use sysinternals tcpview or wireshark if everything else fails...
But before that i would suggest you to check if it is a general problem on your php installation or just with IP.Board.

Best regards
JP
Express

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jan '13 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

localhost and 127.0.0.1 was something I forgot completely. Woops!

I will have to test this at some point, but that's pretty much the same as what I have in my php.ini file now.

Reply to topic   Topic: IP.Board + PHP Mail() View previous topic :: View next topic