logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: SRWare introduces SecureWAMP:The revolution in WAMP Business
Author
SRWare

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jan '13 1:55    Post subject: SRWare introduces SecureWAMP:The revolution in WAMP Business Reply with quote

SRWare introduces SecureWAMP: The revolution in WAMP Business

Free WAMPs now exist since over 10 years but they were always lacking two important things:
- The suitability for usage in a productive environment
- The possibility to administrate them via a graphical user interface

We developed SecureWAMP to fix this problems and added a bunch of features along with it.
And to top it all you can download and use it for free – private or commercial without any restrictions.

So what do you get exactly?
• A preconfigured WAMP-System with Apache, PHP, MySQL, phpMyAdmin, FileZilla FTP-Server, Mercury/32 Mail-Server and SQLite
• Equally useful for developers as for productive usage thanks to switchable settings between security- and developer-functionality
• Centralized GUI for all important features of the above applications
• Assistant to operate the applications as a restricted user
• Addon system for reloading and integration of other applications (such as Perl , Python etc.) from the network
• 1-Click Installer for popular web applications such as phpBB, WordPress u.v.a.
• Assistant for performance tuning with automatic Evaluation of the System configuraton (number of CPUs, RAM, etc.)
• Editor for the Windows HOSTS file to create "virtual domains"
• Dynamic and automatic updates of individual components (Apache, MySQL, etc.) directly from the software
• Focus on a lightweight and fast system - the complete setup consists of only a 38MB file
• A fully portable package to develop wherever you are
• .... and much more!

If you are even not satisfied yet – please don’t worry! We will catch your wishes and worries to improve it furthermore until everybody is happy.

More Infos:
SecureWAMP Homepage

Download:
http://securewamp.org/en/download.php

PS:
This is our first public beta. Little errors may be included Rolling Eyes

Last edited by SRWare on Mon 14 Jan '13 4:24; edited 2 times in total
Express

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jan '13 2:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about software packages like this, but I like that you're focused on production environments and have a keen eye for security.

Not going to be trying this myself since I just got done a few days ago installing everything manually (why didn't this exist about a week or two ago, somewhere I could of seen it that is... Sad haha).

Not gonna endorse it, or vouch for it but it certainly looks promising!
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jan '13 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a chance to get the source code of that gui?

Reply to topic   Topic: SRWare introduces SecureWAMP:The revolution in WAMP Business View previous topic :: View next topic