logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: ASP in Apache 2.4
Author
Recoder

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jun '13 12:33    Post subject: ASP in Apache 2.4 Reply with quote

Hello! I am Recoder.

I have just started to Learn About PHP and Web Servers.
I installed PHP and it works fine. But now, i want to Learn ASP.

So, How do I open ASP files in Apache 2.4
I googled for it and some said about mod_aspdotnet but it was for 2.2 Version.

Another was for Mod_MONO.

So how do i get this MOD_MONO. I downloaded MONO but it didn't have Mod_MONO.so.
Please help me since i cannot compile the Source Code.

Also, I am fairly beginner to Apache and also would like to know how to install this mod mono.

Thanks for the Help!
Recoder

PC Specs:-
Intel Core I7 860 ~ 2.8 Ghz
ATI Radeon HD 4650 DP 2 GB
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate (x86)
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jun '13 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far I know there is no mod to serve .asp for 2.4.
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 18 Jun '13 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can run Classic ASP (VBScript and JScript) via cgi.

Code:

'!c:/windows/system32/cscript -nologo
'!c:/windows/system32/cscript -nologo
'#
'#  printenv -- demo CGI program which just prints its environment
'#
Option Explicit

Dim objShell, objArray, str, env
Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set objArray = CreateObject("System.Collections.ArrayList")

Wscript.Echo "Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1" & vbLF
For Each str In objShell.Environment("PROCESS")
  env = Split(str, "=", 2)
  env(1) = Replace(env(1), vbLF, "\n")
  objArray.Add env(0) & "=" & Chr(34) & env(1) & Chr(34)
Next
objArray.Sort()
For Each str In objArray
  WScript.Echo str
Next

Of cause that is not the same like ASP.NET
shaggy

PostPosted: Sun 30 Jun '13 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is a mod for it.

First off let me tell by saying mod_aspdotnet WILLNOT work with 2.4 and there isn't one out for it yet. Apache folks has retired that project awhile ago and somebody else took over it and it's on sourceforge now. So that is out of the question

Secondly, Mod_mono and the mono project is out the question as well. Can't do it with that.

Let's try this one. Download u perl and go threw ppm's and install "Apache-ASP" (without quotes), write u an extra.pl and stick it into httpd.conf. Nope cuz mod_perl isn't for 2.4 yet. Strike 3.

admin wrote:
As far I know there is no mod to serve .asp for 2.4.

Let me ask u what asp pages do u plan on running with 2.4? I have a modded snitz forum intranet on my apache 2.4 and didn't even use any of the above mentioned three and u can't. So what do u plan on using apache and asp pages for? With my program some modded snitz forums will work while other's wont and that's what I run. It cost me about $45.00 USD for the workstation and it's only a 45 day trial version for download and then it will lock it's self up after 45 days.
shaggy

PostPosted: Mon 15 Jul '13 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

@admin: yes there is. I run it and I am currently running it right now. And I am running a modded snitz forum on intranet.

@recorder: go to http://www.selisoft.com/en/ahtml/

Active HTML (ahtml) will work on 2.4 and has been. Like I said u download it and it's only a 45 day trial and it'll lock it's self up and u gotta either uninstall it or buy it. I am on a fixed monthly income and if I can afford the buy pretty much everybody can. It's pretty reasonably priced. U CANNOT run mod_gzip and activehtml at the same time on the same apache.

If u need any help working and coding that recorder let me know and I'll help. It's just a simple httpd.conf edit and an edit on there file to connect. It's pretty easy to edit.

Well I'm off to working on my modded snitz forum on apache 2.4 with activeHTML unlocked on it ; )

recorder or anybody else have any questions or comments about activeHTML please feel free to ask me. I got it and it's working alright for me.

Like I said some modded snitz forums will work some willnot it just depends on how hard codded it is.

Reply to topic   Topic: ASP in Apache 2.4 View previous topic :: View next topic