logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> News & Hangout View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apachelounge: Asian Domain Registration Service in China
Author
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec '13 15:25    Post subject: Apachelounge: Asian Domain Registration Service in China Reply with quote

Interesting spam/scam received from Asian Domain Registration Service in China :

We formally received an application on December 13, 2013 that a company which self-styled "Aedel Industrial Co. Ltd". were applying to register some "apachelounge" Asian countries top-level domain names.

Following Brand name and domain names are applied for by Aedel Industrial Co. Ltd:
Brand name:
apachelounge
Domain Names:
apachelounge.asia
apachelounge.cn
apachelounge.com.cn
apachelounge.com.tw
apachelounge.hk
apachelounge.in
apachelounge.net.cn
apachelounge.org.cn
apachelounge.tw

You have to know that the domain names registration is open in the world, Aedel Industrial Co. Ltd also has the right to apply for the available domain names, you only have the preferential rights to register them.
At present, we haven't passed their application, we need your opinion. If your company consider these names of importance to your company's business or interest, I suggest that your company register these names first so as to avoid confusion or speculation. Of course, each company has their own idea. If you don't think their application will affect your company in the future, or you have no marketplace in Asia and you don't intend to develop business in Asia, then my suggestion is your company give up these names so that we can finish registering for them as per our duty. Please give me your company's decision as soon as possible in order to handle this issue better.

Best Regards,

Richard Wang
www.theasiatsnet.org
gijs

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec '13 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've received similar emails for my xgclan.com domain, I simply ignored them and nothing happened.

These domain registrars try to provoke people to buy domain names which they don't actually need.. Consider it phishing/spam.
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec '13 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with gijs. Just "Bauernfängerei". They just want your money. For example check www.dot.asia there you see that AL .asia is still free.
glsmith

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec '13 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

This scam obviously has proven results cause it has been around a few years now.
https://isc.sans.edu/diary/Please+transfer+this+email+to+your+CEO+or+appropriate+person,+thanks/12778

There's pages of results on it at google.
https://www.google.com/search?q=asian+domain+registry+scam&btnG=Search&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&gbv=1

Reply to topic   Topic: Apachelounge: Asian Domain Registration Service in China View previous topic :: View next topic