logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Problems viewing site from the internet - local views ok
Author
garfield_cat

PostPosted: Mon 24 Mar '14 19:22    Post subject: Problems viewing site from the internet - local views ok Reply with quote

Hi All,

I really hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I’m a newbie at all this and despite loads of google searches I’m getting nowhere. I hope this is even the correct forum??

I have a new opencart install and have used all the default settings using Apache (via xampp)

I’m self-hosting the site on a windows 7 machine

I'd upload a screen shot but can't work out how Sad

From the local network everything displays fine, from the internet (outside my network) I can connect to the server but I just get the site text (with links) minus all graphics and layout (the links still work though).

The public side doesn’t display properly.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

I should add I used xampp v1.8.3-3 and opencart v1.5.6.1
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 25 Mar '14 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess some files do not load (404). You can use a tool like firebug in the firefox browser to track that down. Often installation of software include the domain name. Of cause if you use for example localhost people from the outside can't reach that if localhost is in the path of the generated HTML.

Reply to topic   Topic: Problems viewing site from the internet - local views ok View previous topic :: View next topic