logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> News & Hangout View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Plans for Visual Studio 2013 ?
Author
Smitty

PostPosted: Sun 16 Mar '14 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, are you planning to switch to Visual Studio 2013 for the Apache Lounge builds?
Steffen

PostPosted: Sun 16 Mar '14 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

When looking at the c++ area changes then there is hardly any benefit for the current Apache over VC11, looks none.

Expected is that VS 2014 is around the corner. Discussed it with the PHP guys, no big chance that they are going for VS 2013 for PHP 5.6 for reasons as above. But when they change to VS2013 or VS2014 then we follow and provide the build.

BTW. Planning to drop VC10 here after XP is out of support on next 8 April. Also planning to drop 2.2. it's already quite some time legacy. Same we did with 2.0, which we dropped after about a year of legacy.
NewEraCracker

PostPosted: Wed 19 Mar '14 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Please do not drop VC10. I am using your Apache VC10 in my server software for Windows XP (and higher). I plan to support my server software in XP for at least an year after Windows XP retirement by Microsoft.

I also use VC10 instead of VC9 because by just copying two dlls I can have it working without forcing the users to install any VC redist.

Regards,
NewEraCracker
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed 19 Mar '14 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not worry. It is reasonable to keep VC10 at least for an other year for our XP users base.

But.. It is strongly advised to upgrade to 2.4. For quite some time there is no active development on 2.2.

Reply to topic   Topic: Plans for Visual Studio 2013 ? View previous topic :: View next topic