logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Setting up Apache
Author
awestland

PostPosted: Sat 02 Aug '14 9:09    Post subject: Setting up Apache Reply with quote

Hello all, I am new to this site and am trying to install Apache. I think I have installed it but the instructions indicate to navigate to the \Bin folder within Apache via a Dos prompt. I cannot seem to access this, I am using Windows 8.1, I am quite computer literate but the folder is "hidden". No matter what I do I cannot access it via the Dos prompt. Yes I do have full administrator rights and am running the Dos prompt as administrator. Any suggestions to resolve this or even a work around would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance
Andrew
awestland

PostPosted: Sat 02 Aug '14 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all again, I forgot to mention that I am running 64 bit, the version that I downloaded is 2.4.10, and the need to go to the Dos prompt is to install as a service i.e. httpd.exe -k install

Andrew
AdrianK_IT

PostPosted: Sat 02 Aug '14 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming your ServerRoot is eg C:/Apache24, just type: cd C:\Apache24\bin

Reply to topic   Topic: Setting up Apache View previous topic :: View next topic