logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: 2.4 and PROXY_WORKER_MAX_NAME_SIZE issue
Author
Ropeguru

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug '14 13:26    Post subject: 2.4 and PROXY_WORKER_MAX_NAME_SIZE issue Reply with quote

Morning all,

Well at least here it is morning.

I am trying to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.4 and running into a major hurdle. Apparently from 2.2 to 2.4 there was either an introduction of PROXY_WORKER_MAX_NAME_SIZE in mod_proxy or the limit was lowered. We have a lot of proxypass rules well in excess of 200 characters but less than 300.

I do not have the ability to build custom version and, for apache on windows, have to use apache lounge as my pre-built source. How can I go about getting a compiled version of the VC11 apache 2.4.10 with openssl 1.0.1i?
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 16 Aug '14 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an Ticket for that https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=53218

IN the ticket the people said that increasing that number did not help.
Ropeguru

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug '14 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that now.

I am not familiar with the syntax for the code, so a # to me means a comment follows. I saw in the posts that they just changed the value, would they need to remove the # to actually make that value effective?

I am downloading the source code now just to satisfy my curiosity.

Edit: Ok, now I understand the syntax better.

We have decided to stick with 2.2 for now and not deal with certificate revocation checking. We are moving everything up to a Big-IP by the end of the year so the upgrade is moot.
glsmith

PostPosted: Thu 04 Sep '14 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, a proposal came up to extend PROXY_WORKER_MAX_NAME_SIZE but it will still fall short for you.

*) mod_proxy: Now allow for 191 character worker names, with non-fatal
errors if name is truncated. PR53218. [Jim Jagielski]

You probably should have spoke up on that bug report since it looks like they decided on the highest someone listed + a little more.

It's hit a temporary road block so you may still have time.

Reply to topic   Topic: 2.4 and PROXY_WORKER_MAX_NAME_SIZE issue View previous topic :: View next topic