logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> News & Hangout View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Documentation as Ebook, interested?
Author
micnolmad

PostPosted: Tue 30 Sep '14 13:15    Post subject: Apache Documentation as Ebook, interested? Reply with quote

Hello fellow server admins.

As a new admin, self employed and with a eInk device I am finding it hard to find ebook manuals on my favorit software. So I toke it on my shoulders to try and make one for apache http server.

Now pleasenote that I am not authoring anything, I use the apache.org source manual, running it thrue a conversion process.

First off, how much demand is there for this?
Second, which ebook format would you like?

If there is enough interest it will probably be placed in the download section of the lounge.

The process is yet to be nailed, as there are four source formats and various ways to convert it and I want an ebook that is pleasure to read, not just a pdf rip-off.

So sound of and please answer the two questions Smile

Update 7/10/2014
I was having huge problems getting the TOC behave. I then started looking at the html markup of the converted source and found that both level 2 and 3 subject line are all put in h3 tags. As such it is now impossible to do an easy and useful TOC automatic.
If anyone knows of a way to get a context TOC from a pdf file converted to a epub meta TOC I would love to hear about it.

On another note, where would people like the preview ebook uploaded to? I am not versed in the public sharing community so I don't know which are good to use. Link should live for long enough for people to find it. I'm thinking 6 months or there about.

Last edited by micnolmad on Tue 07 Oct '14 9:56; edited 1 time in total
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 01 Oct '14 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like a epub format.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Documentation as Ebook, interested? View previous topic :: View next topic