logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> How-to's & Documentation & Tips View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: [Tip] How to change apache and mysql service priority
Author
Hogi

PostPosted: Fri 28 Jul '06 17:14    Post subject: [Tip] How to change apache and mysql service priority Reply with quote

Here is a small but usefull tip to change the apache or mysql service priority under windows (xp). I found it very usefull, 'cause my little server is not only used as a database and webserver, but I wanted to give apache and mysql a higher priority for there processes.

Watch this: http://engmaenner.dyndns.org/content/view/129/42/

The article is in german (sorry for this inconvenience). For those who don't understand german at all, take only a closer look at the described tool und it's command line parameters.

Greetings
Hogi
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 28 Jul '06 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also set the higher priority in the taskmanager with a right mouse click. And you don't have to download a tool Wink
Ok as you wrote in the artikel sometime you can't change the priority. But there is a a way to do that! In the service console with the list of all the services. You can double click on the service and in your case: "Anmelden" (log on) and then "Austausch mit dem Desktop zulassen" (Allow service to interact with desktop) then you can change the priority in the taskmanager. Or you change the service user to your account Wink
Hogi

PostPosted: Sat 29 Jul '06 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry James Wink

It doesn't work with the apache or mysql service. But another advantage of the tool version might be, that you can script it. I wrote a litte batch to set all my different process priorities when I need it.

Reply to topic   Topic: [Tip] How to change apache and mysql service priority View previous topic :: View next topic