logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Sending the URL to different locations
Author
sirbrian

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun '15 16:41    Post subject: Sending the URL to different locations Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am relatively new to Apache and have a query. On an Apache 2.2 server I have built.

I have 2 urls coming in from 2 locations. I need to forward these urls on, one to a backend weblogic the other will be proxypass'ed on.

The problem I have is that the 2 URL's are identical incoming and outgoing so I am struggling to identify between them.

I have been able to manipulate one of the incoming URLs so it drops through the proxypass but when I rewrite it it then drops back into the proxypass.

Any ideas how I can separate this traffic? I guess using virtualhosts would be ideal but are unfortunately not available for me. Restrictions on new IP addresses and ports. All help and advice is much appreciated.

This is an example of the config.

Code:

ProxyPass /apple http://anaddress/apple
ProxyPassReverse /apple http://anaddress/apple

RewriteEngine on
Rewrite /newapple /apple
<location /apple>
   SetHandler weblogic-handler
   WebLogicCluster acluster:7010
</location>
sirbrian

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun '15 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a solution. Using PathTrim in the weblogic plug in config. Its a bit ugly but it works.

Reply to topic   Topic: Sending the URL to different locations View previous topic :: View next topic