logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: wordpress backend on apache extremely slow.
Author
schauundhorch

PostPosted: Tue 10 Feb '15 22:37    Post subject: wordpress backend on apache extremely slow. Reply with quote

Hi community,
first of all I have to say, that I am a totally noob with apache and hopr to find some help here.

Here's the problem: I realized a website on wordpress for a client that needs to run this as intranet. I developed the whole project on a local environment with vagrant. I also installed the whole project for testing at my hosting provider. Everything works fine.

Some days ago I installed the whole project on the clients server. Bad thing is, as it is a intranet server, I have no access. The IT department set up an apache server on a linux system. Installation went also fine. We had to correct the host address as we had another on our test environment and with import we also imported mysql tables with wrong host address. We did search and replace in PhpMyAdmin and then everything worked.

The frontend is working fine but the backend of wordpress is incredibally slow. I deactivated all plugins and activated basic theme but had no success in speed.

My prblem is, that I have no exerience in server configuration as I normally work with hosting companies, that do the job for me. Now the IT department of the company is not really helping as the are not really interested in setting up this project.

My question now is. Has anyone an Idea how the slow speed is caused? What could be the mistake? How can I find the mistake.

I hope you can help me Sad
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 10 Feb '15 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the client server run the same apache version? The same apache MPM?
The same PHP version? Wordpress runs a lot faster with the last PHP version.
schauundhorch

PostPosted: Tue 10 Feb '15 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not quite sure but will check. I guess this could not be the main reason. Becaus we have loading time of up to 60 sec...
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 10 Feb '15 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you define 127.0.0.1 for the mysql connection? I often had issue with localhost because of an IPv6 issue. The Client OS is Windows?
schauundhorch

PostPosted: Tue 10 Feb '15 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes client OS is windows. The Mysql Table is on another server so the IP is 172.20.20.184 wordpress is on 172.20.20.185
schauundhorch

PostPosted: Wed 11 Feb '15 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

can this be the problem?
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 11 Feb '15 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should do an installation with the MySQL DB locally.
schauundhorch

PostPosted: Wed 11 Feb '15 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

mhm maybe I am wrong, but two servers are virtual servers. Physically database and files are on the same Harddrive I guess. Or what do you mean by locally? sorry for dumb questions Embarassed
gijs

PostPosted: Wed 11 Feb '15 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

He means that you should install it in the same virtual machine that runs apache.
schauundhorch

PostPosted: Wed 11 Feb '15 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I understand.

but the frontend is fast if the database connection is to slow, the frontend would be slow as well?
schauundhorch

PostPosted: Wed 25 Feb '15 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to let you knwo my solution. Due to slow internet connection and firewall the loading time was that bad. I disabled all communication of wordpress to other domains and now it runs normal...

hope this infos helps somebody..

Reply to topic   Topic: wordpress backend on apache extremely slow. View previous topic :: View next topic