logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Home Apache and access over internet
Author
daivddd

PostPosted: Mon 17 Aug '15 17:46    Post subject: Home Apache and access over internet Reply with quote

I'm trying to set up my PC as a server to remote computers. I'm using Apache 2 on Windows 7. Everything is fine if I keep it local; I can access my index.html at localhost. But despite trying everything I can think of I cannot access that page over the Internet.

I've ensured that port 80 is not blocked.
I've port forwarded port 80.
I've given the firewall permission.
I can ping my whatismyip address fine.
I've tried every IP I can think of.
I've tried every URL combination I can think of too (http:/IP address/index.html, etc.)

If there's someone out there who can help this newbie out I'd appreciate it. I'll supply any other information you need.
glsmith

PostPosted: Mon 17 Aug '15 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try but not saying I can succeed. You say port 80 is not blocked, how do you know this for sure. Which of our ISPs are you using?

A good start is can you access the server from another computer using your LAN ip.
DnvrSysEngr

PostPosted: Tue 18 Aug '15 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would venture to guess that the management port on your firewall is set 80 and perhaps it is causing the issue.
puertoblack2003

PostPosted: Tue 18 Aug '15 5:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to make sure your port is open. This has solve my issues for years when i run into issues..

Reply to topic   Topic: Home Apache and access over internet View previous topic :: View next topic