logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Reverse proxy help Page Previous  1, 2
Author
giopas

PostPosted: Fri 26 Feb '16 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I will have a look at it!

If I am correct, this is a way to surf any site (not only gmail) using apache as a passthrough, right? For gmail, being https, should I use a 443 (or HTTPS) port?

Thank you,

giopas
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 26 Feb '16 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can connect to your proxy only over the tunnel then it doesn't matter if you use SSL since apache will use the encrypted connection to where ever.
But due browser security settings you should use SSL.
giopas

PostPosted: Mon 29 Feb '16 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JB,

I am trying to play with it, but I cannot make it working.

Could you please help me on that?

Code:
<VirtualHost *:80>                                                                                 
ServerName test.mydomain.com                                                                 
ProxyRequests On                                                                           
<Proxy *>                                                                                       
AddDefaultCharset off                                                                       
Require ip 127.0.0.1                                                                       
Require ip ::1                                                                             
</Proxy>                                                                                       
ProxyVia Block                                                                             
<Directory "/share/Web">                                                                       
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks                                                             
AllowOverride None                                                                         
Require all granted                                                                 
</Directory>                                                                               
ProxyPass / http://gmail.com                                                                       
</VirtualHost>

Thanks!

ps: this is the error I got:
Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
giopas

PostPosted: Tue 08 Mar '16 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JB,

may I ask you a hand on this please? You seems to be the only one able to guide me through it. Embarassed

Thank you,

giopas
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 08 Mar '16 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 500 error is a config error. httpd -S might show an error in the config.
Anything in the error log?

by the way: gmail.com is not the correct domain. First is it a recirection to SSL. Secondly google mail uses a lot of domains. Not only gmail.com. With only one domain it will not work.

You may also need ProxyReversePass. I'm not sure.
giopas

PostPosted: Tue 08 Mar '16 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you JB,

I will check logs (I need to figure out how to do it on a QNAP).

Yes, I think I just forgotten to copy here the ProxyReversePass line.

In any case, do you think all of this is feasable?

Or what other solution do you see from access gmail without any intervention on the client side?

Thanks,

giopas

Reply to topic   Topic: Reverse proxy help View previous topic :: View next topic