logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: PHP 7 64bit on Win10 64bit hosting Apache and IIS proxied
Author
MeSo2

PostPosted: Thu 28 Apr '16 16:55    Post subject: PHP 7 64bit on Win10 64bit hosting Apache and IIS proxied Reply with quote

I have a PHP 7 64bit VC14 build installation question.

I am in the process of moving an existing Win7 64bit xampp installation to a Win10 64bit VirtualBox instance -- hosted by Ubuntu 16.4.

This time I will not be using xampp, but install the Apache, MySQL (MariaDB), and PHP from scratch.

I am running Apache and IIS on the same box. Apache proxies requests to IIS. I need PHP to be able to run on both IIS and Apache.

Which PHP 7 64bit version do I install; "Thread Safe" or "Non-Thread Safe" ?

Or, do I need to install both PHP 7 instances:

1) One for Apache (With Apache you have to use the "Thread Safe" (TS) versions of PHP)

2) and one for IIS10 (PHP as FastCGI, "Non-Thread Safe" NTS for IIS) ?

Thanks for your suggestions.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 05 May '16 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can run with both installations the non thread safe version if you use mod_fcgid within apache.
I always recommend to use mod_fcgid even if you decide for some reason to use the TS version.

Reply to topic   Topic: PHP 7 64bit on Win10 64bit hosting Apache and IIS proxied View previous topic :: View next topic