logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Help figure out why Apache isn't serving outside localhost
Author
sam452

PostPosted: Wed 21 Dec '16 23:26    Post subject: Help figure out why Apache isn't serving outside localhost Reply with quote

This is beating me up and I'm hoping someone could provide pointers on what to try.

I have a Windows Server 2008 that is successfully running Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.3. It's well past time to upgrade. I downloaded Apache24 and PHP 5.6.29 thread safe. Set up the httpd.conf to a known-good Apache24 in Windows. Shutdown the old 2.2 server and started up 2.4 to a folder that contains a simple php file with phpinfo() in it.

Going to localhost on Windows 8 browser I see the phpinfo page. But on every browser on a machine outside this server I get server not found. I've even typed in its IP addy in case there's a DNS issue.

Ahh, I must have a firewall issue. If so, then why when I shut down the 2.4 running port 80 and start back up the 2.2 do I see the correct application pages? I cannot see that its a firewall issue.

The logs are insteresting in that I see access for where I connected on local and no error reports. It's as if the requests are not reaching apache.

I am running vhosts and I see both sites on local, but not anywhere else. What am I overlooking?
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 22 Dec '16 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Listen the same in the two httpd.conf's ?
Any <VirtualHost defined?
Jan-E

PostPosted: Fri 23 Dec '16 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Windows 2008 firewall has rules for programs and rules for ports. Probably there is a inbound rule for the Apache 2.2 program and no rule for the Apache 2.4 program.
sam452

PostPosted: Tue 27 Dec '16 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the vhosts work as indicated on local.

Jan-E provided the clue needed. The Firewall rules were in place and the firewall rule has a place to designate the binary/program. This was set to the old Apache 2.2 binary and when it was shut down port 80 was pointing to the shut down server.

Thank you for providing the help and clues needed to track down why this wasn't working. Perhaps it will help someone else.
sam

Reply to topic   Topic: Help figure out why Apache isn't serving outside localhost View previous topic :: View next topic