logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Multiple sites using ports?
Author
jb61264

PostPosted: Fri 10 Feb '17 6:48    Post subject: Multiple sites using ports? Reply with quote

I am realtively newer to Linux and have been learning on an Ubuntu server by installing a variety of applications. I initially installed WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal and had all three running at:
<ServerIP>/Drupal
<ServerIP>/Joomla
<ServerIP>/Wordpress

I installed phpMyAdmin and had it available at
<ServerIP>/phpMyAdmin

I then went through the installation of WebMin and had it running at
<ServerIP>:10000

Lately, I've been messing around trying to install the Snort IDS (with Barnyard2 and Snorby) which requires Ruby on Rails and installation of various gems.

It took me some time to get it working and I finally did, however it installed to
<ServerIP>

and now none of my other sites are available.
I tried to edit the conf file of my Joomla site to
<VirtualHost *:8080> and then "sudo ufw allow 8080" and I can't get the site to come up by going to
<ServerIP>:8080

Any ideas on how I can get the three blog apps to come up again, I'm fine with them using a different port (like 8080) to access them because this is just a big sandbox for me to learn with.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
glsmith

PostPosted: Fri 10 Feb '17 8:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Listen mentioned. Did you change that to 8080 as well?
jb61264

PostPosted: Sat 11 Feb '17 4:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah thanks glsmith...that at least got me to the Drupal "Site Under Maintenance" page...

Reply to topic   Topic: Multiple sites using ports? View previous topic :: View next topic