logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Unable to bind to IP at boot
Author
disstopic

PostPosted: Sun 26 Mar '17 13:27    Post subject: Unable to bind to IP at boot Reply with quote

I have a VPS running CentOS 7 with 2 IP's. I've used Listen xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1:80 to assign one IP for several general web sites, and Listen xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2:443 to assign the second to look after a site which requires SSL.

Problem is that with this configuration, Apache won't start during boot, giving the error:

httpd[448]: (99)Cannot assign requested address: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80

If I log into the console, I can start Apache manually within a second of logging in by typing apache restart. Starts up right away with no error.

I can work around the problem by using Listen *:80 and Listen *:443 in the conf, but that introduces the side effect of sites without an SSL certificate responding on port 443.

Does anyone know how to get Apache started at boot with this configuration, or alternatively a way to configure Apache not to respond to port 443 on the address for non-SSL sites?

I realise I could brute force fix the problem with the firewall, but I've done something wrong and I'd rather learn how to fix it. Any pointers appreciated.

Reply to topic   Topic: Unable to bind to IP at boot View previous topic :: View next topic